What's new

A word of caution and common sense....

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
Hello @ll,

I try to make it short:

I had panic attacks and depression and also a bit dissociative problems back then. It was gone mostly since years.

My word of caution, which must not be true for everyone, every brain chemistry and psyche is different:

Don't overdo kava for too long without brakes.

I did only 12-14 days in a row and had one day brake yesterday, so one night without kava. And I was pushed into old states of mind a bit, I was free from since years. Like a rebound effect after "feeling too good" with kava. Makes sense...

So just be aware, and rather find a good middle regarding your dose. And overdo - or getting real drunk with kava - just do it here and there.

Would be my advice if you are sensitive and have anxiety issues and stuff. The rebound could come.

So I level myself out atm and have a tiny kava this evening feel good and I know for what signs to look for.

Enjoy your kava!

Last edited:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That there sounds like quitter talk to me!

I'm joking ;) Some people can get away with drinking it daily without it really impacting their lives all that much, where others may need to take some time off to let things reset. I find myself being one of the former. Kava is a ton of things to me, not the least of which is my daily sleep-aid. Has been for nearly two decades now.

Pzk

Kava Enthusiast
That there sounds like quitter talk to me!

I'm joking ;)
The tendency can be right for someone saying things like I did. I thought I quit more often. And I quit a couple of times for month. But I was back always sooner or later :)

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
Everyones chemistry is different.

I personally need breaks occasionally, I never experience any rebound effects, but I find when I have too much, too often for too long, it just gets a bit much and I need a bit of time off. Especially if I start drinking in the day time (sometimes as well as evening). Sometimes getting krunk just loses its appeal and it's nice to just have a break. Plus, sometimes my eyes get sore, and I'm spending a bit too much on doing it, so breaks are good.

But yeah, everyones different man and I'm sure other people experience that too!