What's new

Kava Culture About the vendor Gourmet Hawaiin Kava, did he just quit selling?

BourbonMac

I like herbs
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. A lot of my stuff gets moved to new members, but since this is technically just general discussion about kava I thought it fit here.
I've heard people rave about this vendor a lot, they haven't been active since August of last year, I think Kavafied hasn't been either. I see a thread from February saying he's back, but there's nothing for sale. I'd been wanting to try their micronized because I heard good things about it, assuming it's like KWK.

The quality of KWKs micro has dropped substantially as of the past month or so. I thought it was tolerance until I drank some medium grind last night, only like 15g and I felt it pretty good, that's when I knew these were bad batches. I've continued buying the same ones for months and they always hit until this past month. I mean sure kava can be hit or miss but this was pretty much always a hit with the micronized, less so with medium grind. They also remain totally sludgy, I used to be able to stir it up to the point where it was like liquid with sediment, but it only is ever pure sludge now. No matter if the almond milk I mix it in is hot, stirred around for half an hour, it doesn't matter. Something's definitely changed, and the prices seem to have also gone up a bit.

https://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/ghk-is-back.20331/page-2#post-205222 -- this is from the end of February, saying they were back, but the site is just empty like it had been before. anyone who has tried their micronized, how would you compare it to KWK? Or is it different entirely? I think I read somewhere that their micro was made a different way, or something like that.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. A lot of my stuff gets moved to new members
It just depends on the topic, but this can live here , why not :)

It is hit or miss with Chris, I'm sure he has other thing going on but I can verify that his kava is among the best. I don't drink micro but I am sure it is excellent as well. His instant is amazing, not cheap but worth trying. I would just check the website periodically and see if there is any stock. The best way to reach him is direct by email, through his website. I would just keep checking the site, if you want to try his kavas. Not all vendors here are full operations like KWK, we have a good variety.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
Good to see GHK is still selling good kava. Afrer drinking crap kava, when I joined this forum GHK was the first really good kava I ordered.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot. A lot of my stuff gets moved to new members, but since this is technically just general discussion about kava I thought it fit here.
I've heard people rave about this vendor a lot, they haven't been active since August of last year, I think Kavafied hasn't been either. I see a thread from February saying he's back, but there's nothing for sale. I'd been wanting to try their micronized because I heard good things about it, assuming it's like KWK.

The quality of KWKs micro has dropped substantially as of the past month or so. I thought it was tolerance until I drank some medium grind last night, only like 15g and I felt it pretty good, that's when I knew these were bad batches. I've continued buying the same ones for months and they always hit until this past month. I mean sure kava can be hit or miss but this was pretty much always a hit with the micronized, less so with medium grind. They also remain totally sludgy, I used to be able to stir it up to the point where it was like liquid with sediment, but it only is ever pure sludge now. No matter if the almond milk I mix it in is hot, stirred around for half an hour, it doesn't matter. Something's definitely changed, and the prices seem to have also gone up a bit.

https://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/ghk-is-back.20331/page-2#post-205222 -- this is from the end of February, saying they were back, but the site is just empty like it had been before. anyone who has tried their micronized, how would you compare it to KWK? Or is it different entirely? I think I read somewhere that their micro was made a different way, or something like that.
Its open for orders hurry up and make you orders before it closes again :)