What's new

Absolutely crippled/ kava hangover

F

FindingMyWay

Hey guys,

I come here absolutely desperate for something to help curb this feeling. Over did it last night. About 3 ozs of micronized pouni uno (kalm with kava). Then on top of it was only able to sleep 1.5 hrs. Woke up feeling like death. Nauseous as ever and just mentally checked out. Took off work, still can’t seem to nap.

Any tips on how to make this a little less agonizing?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey guys,

I come here absolutely desperate for something to help curb this feeling. Over did it last night. About 3 ozs of micronized pouni uno (kalm with kava). Then on top of it was only able to sleep 1.5 hrs. Woke up feeling like death. Nauseous as ever and just mentally checked out. Took off work, still can’t seem to nap.

Any tips on how to make this a little less agonizing?
In the future, stock up on Pedialyte, drink some at night when your done with the kava and chug a whole bottle in the morning if you must. The secret with Pouni Ono or other heady kavas is to drink them early enough, so you don't stay up.

Jean

Kava Curious
I agree with OzKava, it comes from the micronized kava that has particles as big as half a millimeter (500 microns is still in the "micronized" range). Simply strain your micronized kava with an 80 mesh or more (the higher the "mesh", the lower the pore size) to eliminate any particle with a size over 100 microns.

OzKava

The wonderful kava of Oz
Kava Vendor
Australian Importer
Jean is correct that the higher the mesh size the lower the pore size. Kava strainer bags are usually described in terms of the micron size. For comparison see this chart. With a 75 micron strainer bag, any particle larger than 75 microns should be unable to escape the bag. Hope this helps.

Logos with bowl 02-09-22.png