What's new

Abstaining from kava before a medical procedure

Kava Mike

Kava Curious
Hello,
I’m going to be brief but I was wondering how long I need to abstain from kava before my first colonoscopy. I am a daily kava drinker and it really helps with anxiety and stress.
Thanks in advance for any answers / advice.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hello,
I’m going to be brief but I was wondering how long I need to abstain from kava before my first colonoscopy. I am a daily kava drinker and it really helps with anxiety and stress.
Thanks in advance for any answers / advice.
I can't remember if it is okay or not, I didn't drink kava 30 hours before the procedure because I was clearing my stomach for the procedure, definitely okay for afterwards but you may not want it. The stuff they knock you out with (usually
Propofol) make you feel a bit groggy and you will probably not want kava after that, maybe at night after.

Don't stress the Colonoscopy, it's the BEST nap you'll ever take, as my Doc put it to me..,and he was right.

Kava Mike

Kava Curious
I can't remember if it is okay or not, I didn't drink kava 30 hours before the procedure because I was clearing my stomach for the procedure, definitely okay for afterwards but you may not want it. The stuff they knock you out with (usually
Propofol) make you feel a bit groggy and you will probably not want kava after that, maybe at night after.

Don't stress the Colonoscopy, it's the BEST nap you'll ever take, as my Doc put it to me..,and he was right.
Thanks Groggy,
I’ll probably skip it for a couple days before. I had an endoscopy some years back and that was quite the nap as well.