What's new

I Love Kava Friday Alright, let me level with you...

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hi guys. I hope you all are well and nice weekends coming.

Nicely chilled here on a perfect mix of the sacred....Kava.

Started with 52 grams Koro Island via traditional prep.

Then 10 grams Malekula Instant. Finally 5 grams of the Kelai instant.

My logic- surely instant is twice the amount vs noble, in weight, maybe 2.5 times?

Because I like to keep a monitor and gauge over my daily, weekly usage levels.

So if 15 grams of Instant is quantatively only, about 33 grams, that's 85 grams kava.

That's just an example how I keep a measure and track so far anyway.

Last edited:

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. Just me again. I just feel it's good for the community, especially the so many incredible sincere and most professional vendors wevarevso lucky to have, really pipping it out too lol!

To at least share a word on which kavas we choose, how they are.

The spur in me yesterday, above.

Today was a lovely surprise. But first, Aluballs as was heading to chiropractor.

30 grams of a new one, you'll know it- Kavaloko Tonga OG at 14.22%.

It's high strength and quality kava. Very heavy...on the Mind! In a good way but strong.

Then evening, 13 grams AOK Dokabana, one kava which you could literally reach for any time, but don't want to just rinse out...plus the surprise, 12 grams the lighter, 7.5..% KL one from Kavaloko.

The Tonga OG stinks. Not badly. Very perfumey.

First time I tried the lighter one it just didn't suit me, that day.

Tonight it smelled amazing, lovely effect. Very high quality kava, owner a pleasure to engage with, top service.

Just gotta put a shout out.

Finished just now, with 5 grams Malekula Instant.

Malekula kava, noble too, for me hasca unique kind of hypnotic quality too.

Aceofwands9

Kava Enthusiast
Hey guys. Just me again. I just feel it's good for the community, especially the so many incredible sincere and most professional vendors wevarevso lucky to have, really pipping it out too lol!

Today was a lovely surprise. But first, Aluballs as was heading to chiropractor.

It's high strength and quality kava. Very heavy...on the Mind! In a good way but strong.

Then evening, 13 grams AOK Dokabana, one kava which you could literally reach for any time, but don't want to just rinse out...plus the surprise, 12 grams the lighter, 7.5..% KL one from Kavaloko.

Tonight it smelled amazing, lovely effect. Very high quality kava, owner a pleasure to engage with, top service.

Yeah, that kavaloloko Tongan og smells and tastes like roses. If you find the flavor too strong, it's definitely worth blending it with other kavas. The results can be very delicious.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Stay safe out there all those you in the path of this monster coming up through Louisiana. Bula!

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, that kavaloloko Tongan og smells and tastes like roses. If you find the flavor too strong, it's definitely worth blending it with other kavas. The results can be very delicious.
Being in UK, I am by no means at all deprived of oxygen, but arguably 40-60% of the entire global kava market accessible for US residents, posdibly more as it's such an invisible quantification, is not available.

But I have "nosed" a decent range of world beating kavas. The second I opened the Tongan OG bag it smelled different to any other cultivar yet.

Decidedy perfumey, not unpleasantly though.

I actually find the taste very easy, there are many kavas I struggle to palate, I drink kava purely for effects, I'm not personally a fan of the flavor at all generally.

I would be happy just inserting a chip or pushing "go" to feel kava's effects.

But the Tongan OG is much more palatable to me than almost any Vanuatan kava, and others, but vanuatan is the distinctive taste, aroma distasteful to my own buds.

I mix and match as flexibly, unroutinely, and undogmatically as can be. I'm a fan of combos.

I would mix the Tongan OG with another to balance the heaviness and mental sedation, rather than the taste.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor

Alex! long time! Thanks for the kind words on the Dokobana. I absolutely love the vendor for that one. They really care about the quality of their kava. That kava comes from the extremely picturesque Natewa Bay Fiji. They have 4 kava farms about a half hour away from each other with roads they pathed out on their own lol. They're fun people and really are doing it right. Working on getting some other cultivars as well :)