What's new

Aluball question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaXva

Kava Curious
So I’m super excited because my Aluball and some supreme will be arriving at my house today. I haven’t had the supreme yet, but many of the reviews seem great for a nighttime Kava.
Just wondering the water to kava ratio for the Aluball seems like a lot of water. Does it still make a strong kava with those ratios?
Does anyone tweak this numbers at all?
Two washes in the Aluball? Then maybe one traditional prep?
Hahah. Gotta make this kava last! It’s awesome stuff but it ain’t cheap!

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So I’m super excited because my Aluball and some supreme will be arriving at my house today. I haven’t had the supreme yet, but many of the reviews seem great for a nighttime Kava.
Just wondering the water to kava ratio for the Aluball seems like a lot of water. Does it still make a strong kava with those ratios?
Kava Supreme is a heavier kava, so typically 1 Aluball to 400-600ml of water is a good range (adjust to taste), If you are using 2 balls 600-800ml is a better range. You should be able to get 2 washes out of it, not sure about the third but it's worth a try in the aluball instead of traditionally prepping it. (since you are starting it in the aluball)

Kava Mang

Kava Curious
I drink Supreme quite regularily. I usually use 2 aluballs filled halfway and shake in 500-600ml of water. I do a secind wash in the same manner. The first wash makes 2 shells and is quite strong. After drinking those two washes i am usually pleasantly melted into the couch. For a lighter experience i would recommend using just 1 aluball.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Oh we all tweak our ratios around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.