What's new

AluBall XL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
Does anybody know what ever came of this? I'd love to get my hands on some but seems like the idea was dropped unfortunately ::T T2::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Does anybody know what ever came of this? I'd love to get my hands on some but seems like the idea was dropped unfortunately ::T T2::
It was dropped, I pestered Matt about it too.
I wanted to take 2 XL's and make 2-3 gallons in one of those home depot 5 gallon buckets.
::chugger::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It was dropped, I pestered Matt about it too.
I wanted to take 2 XL's and make 2-3 gallons in one of those home depot 5 gallon buckets.
::chugger::
Well crap. I'd be pretty happy if I could run 40 grams or so at once and it turn out as thick as traditional grog, but there must not be many people who want that much kava in one go. I'll continue kneading, as it's turned more into meditation time.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Well crap. I'd be pretty happy if I could run 40 grams or so at once and it turn out as thick as traditional grog, but there must not be many people who want that much kava in one go. I'll continue kneading, as it's turned more into meditation time.
Maybe a gallon realistically, for the Friday into Saturday sesh :), if you use 3 regular aluballs, you can run 40 grams.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
It seems that many have come to the conclusion that the kavalactones are extracted mechanically by shaking the aluball rapidly. Maybe the XL wasn't efficient enough by simply stirring in a bucket. That or maybe not enough demand to meet manufacturing costs? Regardless it was an exciting idea if nothing else.

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
It seems that many have come to the conclusion that the kavalactones are extracted mechanically by shaking the aluball rapidly. Maybe the XL wasn't efficient enough by simply stirring in a bucket. That or maybe not enough demand to meet manufacturing costs? Regardless it was an exciting idea if nothing else.
I will now take off my captain obvious hat! ::tipshat::

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
It was a 3d printing issue.

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
We went a different direction for the time being. May revisit this in the future. We've been pouring all of our resources into a custom bottle for the AluBall that will enhance your Kava experience tremendously. If all goes well we are looking at a mid summer release date ::chugger:: keep that a Kavaforums secret lol

Status
Not open for further replies.