What's new

Kava Accessory Review AluBall

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
The aluball makes a good batch of kava, comparable in my experience to traditional preparation. Kava works best in my experience when one drinks smaller doses spread throughout a session; intellectually I know this but often I'm too lazy to prepare smaller amounts of kava. With two aluballs it's very easy for me to make a 2-4 tbsp batch of kava, and thus it's made my kava sessions more enjoyable.

My only complaint is that the shaker bottle seems somewhat prone to throwing droplets of water around, even when fully screwed on. Not a full on leak but nonetheless it can be annoying.

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
I use "Blender Bottle" brand bottles, which have the added advantage of shipping with a SS metal blender ball. I have found this to be perfect for mixing up micronized / instant kavas. I recently purchased a second one. I've had the first one for a few years and it has never leaked.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I use "Blender Bottle" brand bottles, which have the added advantage of shipping with a SS metal blender ball. I have found this to be perfect for mixing up micronized / instant kavas. I recently purchased a second one. I've had the first one for a few years and it has never leaked.
Links please

GussWest

Kava Enthusiast
www(dot)amazon(dot)com/BlenderBottle-Classic-Shaker-Bottle-Clear/dp/B00MVMCUK8

sorry, but BB doesn't like my link.

Crunked

Proselytizer
@kavadude
My only complaint is that the shaker bottle seems somewhat prone to throwing droplets of water around, even when fully screwed on. Not a full on leak but nonetheless it can be annoying.
I had the same issue but I solved it. The shaker bottle has some softer sides and some hard sides. If I hold the bottle by the soft sides and shake vigorously the droplets appear. If held by the hard sides, no leakage. I guess that during the shake I am slightly squeezing the bottle which causes leakage if held by the soft sides. YMMV

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I just made an aluball discovery. My standard recipe is two TBLS's root powder and a little over a cup of water. For the second wash I use a little less water maybe 3/4's of a cup. I shake both washes for about a minute. Tonight when I finished drinking the second wash I decided see what I could get out of the ball just shaking in an empty container ,not a full minute but a good 25 seconds. I poured the results into a shell and shook again . I added this to what I got from what I now call the first concussion shake and drank down the half of a shell. Whoa I am krunked very potent and numbing this concussion brew! When I cleaned up the fiber inside the ball was barely even damp . Two TBLS's usually won't make me feel like this but it will from now on.

Myk

Kava Enthusiast
I just made an aluball discovery. My standard recipe is two TBLS's root powder and a little over a cup of water. For the second wash I use a little less water maybe 3/4's of a cup. I shake both washes for about a minute. Tonight when I finished drinking the second wash I decided see what I could get out of the ball just shaking in an empty container ,not a full minute but a good 25 seconds. I poured the results into a shell and shook again . I added this to what I got from what I now call the first concussion shake and drank down the half of a shell. Whoa I am krunked very potent and numbing this concussion brew! When I cleaned up the fiber inside the ball was barely even damp . Two TBLS's usually won't make me feel like this but it will from now on.
I have to adjust this method. I was experiencing the water droplets problem and found that if I completely dried the threads I got no leakage then I poured water in the shaker which was on a paper towel, when I got back with the loaded aluball I had lost half the water in the shaker. On closer examination the threads weren't leaking , the concussion shells I enjoyed so much had very nearly knocked the bottom out of the shaker revealing several large cracks. Now due to some great advice on Kava forums I purchased a heavy duty protein shaker and the aluball has risen like the Phoenix from the ashes to once again dominate my preparation options.

Crunked

Proselytizer
I have to adjust this method. I was experiencing the water droplets problem and found that if I completely dried the threads I got no leakage then I poured water in the shaker which was on a paper towel, when I got back with the loaded aluball I had lost half the water in the shaker. On closer examination the threads weren't leaking , the concussion shells I enjoyed so much had very nearly knocked the bottom out of the shaker revealing several large cracks. Now due to some great advice on Kava forums I purchased a heavy duty protein shaker and the aluball has risen like the Phoenix from the ashes to once again dominate my preparation options.
Very interesting. I must check mine for cracks too. I have been using your tip and I fully endorse it. :wacky:

Reactions: Myk