What's new

Am I doing Kava wrong?

How do you drink your kava?

• Total voters

John Bytell

Kava Enthusiast
:pompus: Am I the only one who drinks kava this way? I mix up 3 aluballs in about 8 oz of water and drink it down and have no more after that. I like to get a big slap up front and find I dont enjoy the feeling I get from lesser amounts over a period of time as much. Seems like most people are having a 'session' as opposed to one big one up front and done. ::couch::
I guess if you're enjoying it then you're doing it right...just polling cause I never hear people talk about drinking kava the way I do..... ::chugger::

Dr.Krunk

Certified Quack
:pompus: Am I the only one who drinks kava this way? I mix up 3 aluballs in about 8 oz of water and drink it down and have no more after that. I like to get a big slap up front and find I dont enjoy the feeling I get from lesser amounts over a period of time as much. Seems like most people are having a 'session' as opposed to one big one up front and done. ::couch::
I guess if you're enjoying it then you're doing it right...just polling cause I never hear people talk about drinking kava the way I do..... ::chugger::
Of course you are doing it right. There’s no wrong way to really go about it. Typically all of my “sessions,” are done traditionally. I will use anywhere from 8-12 heaping tbsp’s and I typically will down 3 shells almost immediately and then another whenever I feel like it until it’s gone. I use the aluball when I don’t have time to make traditional. I tend to always use 3 aluballs and even then I’ll throw in 2 tbsp’s of micro to increase the potency.

I enjoy the subtle effects of Kava on occasions but like you I love the slap in the face.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
If drinking kava all at once is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. It's exactly how I drink mine.

Edit: Added a poll :)

Last edited:

lonnyzone

Kava Enthusiast
My strategy is to make three really strong washes with the same mass of root and chug all of them at once. May not be for everybody but that's what I've found works best for me. So nah I don't think you're doing it wrong.

WaltonGroggins

a.k.a. "Kount Grogula"
I use 4Tbsp of root, combining the first wash (3 Cups) with the second (2 Cups).
I drink 2-3 shells per session and usually take two days to finish the batch

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I have it strong when I want it strong, weaker when that's more appropriate. I chug it when I want to be slapped, the rest of the time I sip from a constantly replenished beaker as the mood strikes, no pressure either way. It's all good. I go by my needs and desires. I'm open to anything with kava if it's the right idea at the right time. Above all I listen to, and occasionally ask, the kava. Kava tells me what it is right. Very good guide, that, for me, anyway.