What's new

An Invite to Kava Scientists and Kava Leaders of the World to join Kava Lounge.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Aloha Everyone!
I'd like to send an email Invite to the most outstanding people of the Kava world; some of whom have spent their lives studying, growing, researching and teaching about our beloved Kava Plants.

I think it's time for them to mingle into the Kava Lounge. Some are dear friends, and some associates. All of them are world class and great people. 

Without dropping names, rest assured that anyone you can think of is going to be invited. Vincent Lebot, Marcus Schmidt, Chengguo Xing, The authors of the 'awa Book, Bittenbender from UH Hawaii, etc etc...

I'm writing to ask this forum to draft an Invite letter for them. Something short and sweet that makes them want to stop by and have a look. Let's consolidate previous posts from someone else into one please.

...like the idea?

Adil Ghiasi

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Yes, I love the idea.

I'm totally going to spaz out and ask Dr. Lebot to autograph my kava shell...(smiley: nerd)
*tourist mode full power*(smiley: laugh)

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
I know he's an ethologist and therefore more concerned about animal behavior than plant cultivation, but I'd love to have Richard Dawkins explain the evolution of the primal kava forms on here. I'm sure it would be at least as legit as John Frum flying over the Pacific with a cup of Shut The Fuck Up.

On a more realistic note...

We've always had a family-friendly, society-oriented outlook here. We're not about "I hate my brain, let's fuck it up with chemicals!" It's about a safe, natural, happy little brown root juice. Having legit scientists, botanists, agronomists would give this forum and the root we drink such a stronger standing.

As a metaphor, imagine loving meat in a largely vegetarian culture. The best way to counter the stereotype of the murder-crazed carnivore is someone who really understands animal psychology and cruelty-free husbandry and slaughter like Temple Grandin. (There's a very good biopic about her; do keep in mind when watching this that only a small number of her fellow autistics are autistic in the exact same way she is).

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
That would be quite something Adil. I can't think of another forum that....complete. The collective expertise of this community would be unparalleled.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That would be amazing. I would emphasize that while we're not all educated at that level we are all committed to ensuring kava's good reputation and would be very interested in learning about ongoing research and picking their brains.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Good, positive feedback. I thought it would be a good idea, wether they come or not.

Because it's uncertain, we did ask for ideas earlier.

Let's draft a letter, or just gather points about why they should come here and have a look. I mean, these people are not sitting idle, to put it mildly.

We'd like them to come and get a feeling on what's happening on the ground as they soar the skies of Clinical Research in insulated environments, or we'ld like them to see where the new Generation of Kava drinkers are headed, as they perhaps, cling on to decade old ideas, for lack of any other experience.

These are the Top Kava people in the world, this forum is the largest gathering of Kava drinkers in the US. It's a match.

what would you write to them, to interest such an intelligent group of thinkers and scientists?

A.G

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Dear (esteemed kava researcher),

On behalf of the largest internet community of Kava enthusiasts, we would like to invite you to discuss any published or ongoing Kava research you are conducting.

We are a large community of Kava enthusiasts who are interested in promoting the safe and intelligent use of Kava for its physical and psychological benefits. Although the majority of our members are not educated as scientists, we have amongst our members the owners of several Kava suppliers and serial tinkerers, some of whom have developed new and exciting ways to extract and brew Kava.

We are always excited to learn about new scientific research on Kava. In fact, we've already thoroughly discussed the available literature on Kava. And we want more. We'd love it if you'd be willing to register an account on our forum and discuss your research, any ongoing research you may be conducting, or even simply theories you're kicking around.

(link to yuku registration)(link to the new "science of kava" forum that his royal highness will hopefully create after reading this)

Sincerely,

The undersigned at Kava Lounge,(list of endorsing posters roughly in order of importance and with any relevant "official" titles, such as)

Adil, Owner, Paradise Kava

kavadude, Official Kava Lounge Letter Drafter

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
Well done Kavadude!!
If you want a 20% OFF coupon, email the office for the lovely effort.
I'm going to tweak it and send it on it's way.
Cross your fingers,
A.G

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Wow thanks Adil. Sent you a note through the contact form on your site with the email joe****** @ gmail dot com.

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
You earned it, I sent the letter out with some tweaking.

Hopefully we see some new names we know of thru books only :)

Prince Philip

Duke of Edinborogu
Sorry for not creating the Science of Kava subforum earlier. Unfortunately, I had some of Adil's magical topical kava rub on my forehead to fight a nasty headache and some of it dripped into my eyes.

He blinded me... with science!