What's new

I Love Kava Friday Another hot one.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
What’s wrong with Amazon kava lol I’ve been using this stuff exclusively. You think it’s worth trying something new?
There is nothing wrong with known vendors selling kava on Amazon, that particular kava is fine, I drink it sometimes, however I also notice increased dermo from this specific kava and to me speaks to how this kava is processed after harvest, guessing it's not done super well, probably not peeled completely.

And yes you should try other kavas besides that one, that is near the bottom of food chain in quality, not so much price, but try different kavas.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
What’s wrong with Amazon kava lol I’ve been using this stuff exclusively. You think it’s worth trying something new?
View attachment 13071
I started on Wakacon. I don't think its bad. But I do think that there are better kava's out there for the money. And much better kava's if you're willing to spend about 15 or 20 bucks more (shipping included). My go-to cheap Amazon emergency kava is Dua Na Bilo. Not the best I've had and not well processed. But it does punch above Wakacon in effects. Great emergency kava.

I started on Wakacon. I don't think its bad. But I do think that there are better kava's out there for the money. And much better kava's if you're willing to spend about 15 or 20 bucks more (shipping included). My go-to cheap Amazon emergency kava is Dua Na Bilo. Not the best I've had and not well processed. But it does punch above Wakacon in effects. Great emergency kava.
what are some more top shelf Brands you might recommend? Ya the wakacon is drying me up badly. Legs started to look scaley the otherday and my eyes feel like there’s sand in them. Had to step back.

are there any micronized/instant brands that are equally as effective as the medium grind in terms of effects? I tried this stuff and it was ridiculous weak.

IMG_0384.jpeg

Krunked up Tong

Kava Enthusiast
what are some more top shelf Brands you might recommend? Ya the wakacon is drying me up badly. Legs started to look scaley the otherday and my eyes feel like there’s sand in them. Had to step back.

are there any micronized/instant brands that are equally as effective as the medium grind in terms of effects? I tried this stuff and it was ridiculous weak.

View attachment 13073
Shame to hear that's a weak kava.

They are starting to sell that in China soon, and I am moving there soon. I should be able to order from a selection of USA based sellers but it would be nice to have a decent kava within the country being sold.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover

View attachment 13073
I have only been on my Kava journey for around 2 1/2 years myself and have honestly not tried instant kava yet. Micronized is fine. It just mixes a bit faster. Also the extracts and concentrates seem to not be that potent. Out of all of that stuff, the only thing that I have enjoyed are Ozia Kava's offerings. As far as top shelf Kava's go, I think that you can't go wrong with any of the offerings from Kalm With Kava save for the house blend. Root Of Happiness Fijian Limited batch is amazing, but I did not get good results with any of their other stuff. Squanch offers consistently great kava. It is almost like a religion around here And finally the Kava Depot Solomon Islands offerings are great on the heavy end. I have not made it to the Hawaiian stuff yet, but Im pretty sure that there is a good reason as to why they sell out of their offerings in weeks

Last edited:

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Squanch, yeah. Mostly any of the vendors listed in this forum who exclusively sell kava and not other herbs, are what made me switch from economy priced kava to paying the most humanly possible because there is a certain "magic" I get out of the kava that costs an additional ten to fifteen dollars--Usually ten. When I first started buying the Amazon kavas, I was getting like forty dollar pounds with free shipping. Now that price has gone up a bit, I am happy to spend $72-75USD On a pound of kava which will be more dimensional, in its taste and effects. The economy kava put me to sleep, it did not open my mind as much as an equal amount of top shelf kava.

This week has been nice and damp, not totally wet, not too hot or cold. First day of June broke a hundred years heat record, then we had ten days of cold rain, smoke, and some frosty nights which killed everything in my garden that was not covered. Now average weather is upon me, cool nights, temperate days, which get cold real quick if it rains and the wind picks up and I'm not dressed for it.

A saying here, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes!

Implying it will be either worse, or better, that it is unpredictable and very rapid to change. ha ha.
Bula, all! Today is my friday. Off to visit family tomorrow!
kava is tasty tonight! Whoo whooo!

Squanch, yeah. Mostly any of the vendors listed in this forum who exclusively sell kava and not other herbs, are what made me switch from economy priced kava to paying the most humanly possible because there is a certain "magic" I get out of the kava that costs an additional ten to fifteen dollars--Usually ten. When I first started buying the Amazon kavas, I was getting like forty dollar pounds with free shipping. Now that price has gone up a bit, I am happy to spend $72-75USD On a pound of kava which will be more dimensional, in its taste and effects. The economy kava put me to sleep, it did not open my mind as much as an equal amount of top shelf kava.

This week has been nice and damp, not totally wet, not too hot or cold. First day of June broke a hundred years heat record, then we had ten days of cold rain, smoke, and some frosty nights which killed everything in my garden that was not covered. Now average weather is upon me, cool nights, temperate days, which get cold real quick if it rains and the wind picks up and I'm not dressed for it.

A saying here, if you don't like the weather, wait five minutes!

Implying it will be either worse, or better, that it is unpredictable and very rapid to change. ha ha.
Bula, all! Today is my friday. Off to visit family tomorrow!
kava is tasty tonight! Whoo whooo!
wow, that’s incredible. I never would’ve thought that would be so much of a profound difference in effects between different kavas. You have inspired me to try something new once my skin clears up.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
It's one of my favorite things of kava, that every cultivar is different in flavor and effects! Gives me a lot to be thankful for and a lot to look forward to.