What's new

I Love Kava Friday Another one down!

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
I've got some more KWK Mbuong & Melo Melo...enjoying both but I still think Mbuong is a bit better. I snuck a bottle of MeloMelo into the movies today to see Argylle and then walked through town a little bit, enjoying the crisp breezes and swaying trees preceding the week-long storm it looks like we might be getting. Def feelin' melo...melo... ::rootedgrin::

Sir_Tarquin

Kava Curious
I've got some more KWK Mbuong & Melo Melo...enjoying both but I still think Mbuong is a bit better. I snuck a bottle of MeloMelo into the movies today to see Argylle and then walked through town a little bit, enjoying the crisp breezes and swaying trees preceding the week-long storm it looks like we might be getting. Def feelin' melo...melo... ::rootedgrin::
What's the effects profile of the Mbuong like? It's one that's not ever really discussed on here.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
For me, it feels balanced. The current batch feels a little ‘cleaner’ or ‘lighter’ than the batch from last year. I like this batch better for that reason though. The only kava I’ve liked more than Mbuong recently were the Santo Laterals, but they’re out of stock now…they’re pretty similar though. — The Melo Melo is good too, I’d say it’s leaning a little bit headier but still fairly balanced and fairly potent.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
I didn't realize kava was banned in so many locations. While I'm sure some vendors might ship to the UK, I still can't believe it's banned. K@ is legal in the UK and is an addictive opioid. Sure, nobody has died from it but it's still an addictive opioid. I had a friend in the UK who I thought should try kava and then I realized he can't.

Allegedly people have died from kava according to WebMD, lol... I seriously doubt that anyone would die from kava unless it was a sketchy extract or non-noble kava. The only K@ deaths have been linked to extracts as far as I'm aware, as not only can these be cut with street opioids but also fentanyl, I think in one case.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula! Today is my Friday. I will receive kava as early as tomorrow! I do have a busy crazy work day to powerblast through first.

@BourbonMac , honestly, yeah, WebMD isn't the tell-all know-all center of information when it comes to kava. There are cases of adverse advent reports for kava available, @The Kap'n has a very valuable wealth of information regarding kava and its safety profile.
As well as the other plant you're talking about! Plenty of helpful info is available here!

I was going to link you to Ed Johnston' and Helen Rogers' Hawaiian ‘Awa views of an Ethnobotanical Treasure found here , https://gourmethawaiiankava.com/product/hawaiian-awa-book for within that book there is a chart that is relevant to this however I can not find the full PDF of the book on that webpage. It was there for years!

This winter is one of, if not the warmest winter I have ever seen. Red and white signs of THIN ICE, slush, open water ?? I have not ever seen that this time of year. And the snow keeps sublimating away in the sun! Oh well, it makes us wood and fuel burners more environmentally conscious as less energy is required to heat the homes and public buildings such as stores, schools, ect.

Very much looking forward to kava! Tomorrow is the scheduled arrival day, and I'm fresh from a two week break from kava which - thankfully - there was not a drop of physical withdrawal from kava, none at all! I do have an addictive personality which is both learned and hereditary so I do experience psychological withdrawal symptoms such as lack of sleep or heightened anxiety when I stop using the kava. Also, the routine of brewing I find therapeutic in its own right and miss the smell and taste, too. I don't even crave kava like a madman, I just patiently wait until I get more. I appreciate kava and when I am being consistent I prefer to drink a pound of high quality Noble root per week, so considering the quantity, I'm very pleased!

Thank you for all the posts in here, everybody! Great end to one week great start to another!

Forretressqt

Kava Curious
I picked up a 2000 watt AWD e bike beast, I plan on riding all day Sat and Sun (Finally sunny) and shelling Fiji Vanua Vanuatu all night long both nights, hope you all have a lovely weekend, doing whatever makes you smile the most!
Maaaan am I envious, my flatmate and his friend all have ebikes and those things are super neat! Would get one myself if I had the funds (student life).

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Maaaan am I envious, my flatmate and his friend all have ebikes and those things are super neat! Would get one myself if I had the funds (student life).
I spent 2 years planning for it, so I hear you and I still jumped the gun because well it is still winter, ha ha. But this beast does even better in the snow so it is truly a 4 season ebike for me and since I sold my car last summer, it is a perfect replacement, specially since I top out at 36 mph.