What's new

Anti fungal

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
Hey Judd have u studied the anti fungal properties of boroguru at all?
I have systemic candida and took boroguru and I think it killed off a bunch of candida.
I'm gonna do another test next week to make sure, but this would be good to know. The research I've seen said that kava didn't effect candida.
I noticed that boroguru has high dhk in the chemotype

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Sorry my man. No info about anti fungal properties of kava. Let me know if you come across any new info.

kl.grudge

Kava Curious
Although Kava is known to have some antifungal properties, like you from what I can find it normally doesn't effect candida. However I did see a blog post about a guy who cured his candida by getting off sugars and alcohols. Maybe drinking kava altered your diet dependencies? Of course it could be that kava doesn't effect MOST candida patients, but maybe works for you. After all in a successful medical study the effective rate might be 60 to 80%. What about the other 20 - 40% it didn't help? People's genetics/biology are really different, but medicine really doesn't account for that fact very well.

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
So I've been studying the effect of boroguru on systemic candida.
I personally believe that it is a pretty strong anti fungal.
Boroguru is my favorite kava right now, but I have to take a few days off between drinking it.
When I drink it the first day I don't notice any symptoms of die-off but when I drink it 3-4 days in a row then I get pretty strong die-off symptoms.
I've repeated this method about 4-5 times now to see if it could be something else but the only change I've made is the kava.
It feels like it builds up in my system over several days getting stronger reactions.
I made a batch the other day that was super yellow foamy on top, that batch gave me a strong reaction.
I am guessing that the yellow foam is the resin and its stronger somehow.

It's not as strong as if I take antifungals like oregano oil or GSE but its definitely something I need to moderate.
I found this interesting because the only info I can find on kava and candida says it doesn't affect it.