What's new

any similar experience?

kl.krunky

i started with Gaia pills n Paradise extract for a few months. felt something on many pills. felt something the first time i used extract. but both were more of anxiety enhancers. n then i got Stone n Boroguru. first experience on Stone was amazing. extremely relaxed. very receptive n peaceful. n reasonably krunk. felt quite intoxicated. then i tried at it again with Stone n Boroguru alternately every night. started with straining (4-5 tablespoons) but then i just went toss n wash like 2-3 table spoons each night. felt nothing. my stomach really hates Kava. the taste is okay but its so hard to swallow. with no effects after around 2 or more months i kinda gave up. did it happen to anyone? similar experience? did u get thru reverse tolerance once then nothing? is there any advice? thanks

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
I had a similar experience with Stone it hit very hard the first time then much less on the following day and so on- maybe a more informed forum member has an idea why kava can taper off like that. Having an absolutely 100% completely empty stomach is really important to get the most out of it and a carbohydrate-based meal like sugary cereal shortly after your session might help.

kl.krunky

i alternated stone n boroguru after i tried stone. but dint feel anything with either. i had an empty stomach of about 3-4 hours or more each time. n sometimes when i woke up.. still nothing. but thanks for the reply

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Toss and wash is generally accepted as a method of ingestion, but we like to push the whole traditional soak and knead method. Your stomach really hates the excess cellulose and fiber that consuming raw kava can provide. If you're ok with the taste (and you'd be one of the few, honestly) then your stomach problems are probably from the raw consumption.

Stone can be fickle, but after all the kavas I've drank over the years it's got to be the most consistent variety of them all. This being said you have to remember that kava is fickle...very much so. An empty stomach is important, but also having that greasy food item after can be just as important. I've heard from one supplier that if you could isolate kavalactones entirely it would be nearly worthless to consume as the body has trouble absorbing such waxy substances which is why they use soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin, or some other type of emulsifier to ease the absorption of extracts that you see commercially.

Get a few bags of boroguru and drastically increase your dosage, but be sure to use the soak and knead method. My bet is after a week you'll feel the full effects of kava. If not....it's you. JK, but seriously give it another shot at full power. Use around 50-60 grams of kava at a time.

Ecto

Train by day, Kava by night....All day
It took me around 2 weeks of relatively large doses of boroguru (6-8 TBS split in half to two sessions around an hour apart, using a 2nd wash with both) before I really started to feel the full effects. I went a bit above that on the 4th of July (around 10TBS in 3 doses, all with 2nd washes) and I was KRUNKED. A few days later and it only takes me 4-5 TBS to feel very good effects.

Keep on trying it's so worth it!

edit: Also, ditch the toss and wash! I started with that and I had the same stomach problems. Grab yourself some cheap (I paid $2 for 2 pair) knee high womens leggings. Use the soak and knead method for better results without the nasty stomach issues.

kl.krunky

alright thanks but either traditional or toss wash is the same thing for my stomach and i chose toss n wash cause i have to drink less. the more i drink the harder it gets. so yea

kl.krunky

n ok ecto i know its worth it (when i felt the hit it was really cool) thats i kept trying but it just got hopeless. will see if i try again. but my anxiety is much better now so it's all good if i don't. been on some new meds and therapy. hopefully the improvement keeps getting better. but thanks

WakaGrade

Grog 4 your Nog
Alright! I found a how to video and looks like I was a little off on my process and literally making it harder than it needed to be. Got some paint strainers and soaked 3tbls in warm water and did the whole knead thing for a few minutes. I drank up and got knocked on my @ss.

kl.TidyMinion

Kava Curious
Nice video, informative. I've decided to give this process a go tonight with Solomon's when I get home from work. Haven't tried making a smaller serving like that so it'll be interesting to see how that stacks up to my usual process which is making a large batch (sits in the fridge a day or so before i get time to process it)