What's new

Anytime Kavas?

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Anytime implies that it would be satisfactory at any time for any occasion, night or day or weekend. To me, that would be a well-balanced(perhaps leaning 'heady' slightly), potent and cleanly processed kava that I can adjust it's strength, via dosage/water ratio according to the time or situation I'm using it for and still have it be effective for all. (5 Star, Nambawan, 'Opihikao, KWK Melo, Palarasul...)

In this thread I'm seeing much more of a discussion about 'daytime' kavas than 'anytime' kavas. The stuff generally considered to be daytime kava, in my opinion, is clean, clear and light feeling, has one-sided headiness, very little body effect or sedation, which also typically is synonymous with weak, mild, barely perceptibly effective kava and definitely would not be sufficient for many other occasions or desired effects. To me, that takes all those out of the running for 'anytime' kavas. Granted, sometimes the perceived effects of a particular kava can be subjective to the individual.
::alubottle::
::shell::
::chugger::
I pretty much conceptualize it as you do. It should be strong enough to satisfy at night yet not be too much for daytime or at work, say. That’s a pretty narrow category. I would add that at some point, when it starts to feel delicious you remark to yourself “gee glad I chose this.” It’s a good follow through feeling.

kw2292

Kava Curious
Dua Na Bilo Waka was my first anytime kava and even after trying many more still remains a viable option for night or day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
How does the Ozia 24 Wave compare to Kava Candy in profile?
Well, the candy is subtle. It numbs your mouth pretty well. If you go nuts and eat too much you can become rocket powered.

Ozia 24 Wave is either pure lawena or a gentle blend. Steve once said it was selected for flavor, and I believe it. The effects are those of real medium grind kava. It's not weak. Not too stimulating. Not too sedating. Just a nice daytime kava where you know you drank kava, no regrets.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Well, the candy is subtle. It numbs your mouth pretty well. If you go nuts and eat too much you can become rocket powered.

Ozia 24 Wave is either pure lawena or a gentle blend. Steve once said it was selected for flavor, and I believe it. The effects are those of real medium grind kava. It's not weak. Not too stimulating. Not too sedating. Just a nice daytime kava where you know you drank kava, no regrets.
Have you tried the current batch of 24 wave? I've had it a couple times and it was always quality but the first purchase was exceptionally smooth and lovely headspace.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Have you tried the current batch of 24 wave? I've had it a couple times and it was always quality but the first purchase was exceptionally smooth and lovely headspace.
Sadly I haven't had it lately. Glad to hear it is consistent.

Wild speculation on my part, but perhaps Ozia puts their waka into candies and saves the smoothest lawena for 24 Wave? It has the flavor and effects profile of a good Fijian root.