What's new

awa "sublingually"

thewanderingwise1

Kava Curious
I was holding it in my mouth just bein goofy, krunked.and I thought of how kanna and several other herbs are way more potent taken sublingaully opposed to swallowing immediatly.am testing currently but really krunked already so idk how much of a difference it'll make tonite.food for thought tho .

thewanderingwise1

Kava Curious
It works well if you have some fresh root
U mean powdered root right? I just meant simply swishing the liquid kava drink around in my mouth and possibly gargling it.I kno it sounds kinda dumb but it works with other liquid herbs and extracts so I figured why not try it , figured others might be interested and id be interested in knowing others expierences with it .partially because I want to make sure the difference isnt psychosomatic.

Jerome

Kava Lover
I notice a slight effect if I put some particularly strong micro, such as mo'i, under my tongue for a while. A whole heaping tablespoon. It will make my mouth salivate until it becomes a thick grog (sorry, I know, a little gross). If I keep it in my mouth for 5-10 minutes I'll notice a slight head buzz. Then when I swallow it I get the full effects.

thewanderingwise1

Kava Curious
I notice a slight effect if I put some particularly strong micro, such as mo'i, under my tongue for a while. A whole heaping tablespoon. It will make my mouth salivate until it becomes a thick grog (sorry, I know, a little gross). If I keep it in my mouth for 5-10 minutes I'll notice a slight head buzz. Then when I swallow it I get the full effects.
its just a quickly crafted hypothesis but I would imagine swishing it around in ur mouth and gargling at the end would boost the effects.also the warmish hot water thing binx suggested is a good idea.possibly even a very small amount of 40percent or higher vodka or grain alcohol would probably do it too.just a guess seeing as tincture s tend to work better that way.

Bwiggy

I like plants
I think there's a lot of potential taking kava under the tongue.
It bypasses the slow digestive system and gets right into your system quickly.
I often do a pinch of home made instant under the tongue - it's great. It's fast and easy to control the amount of effect.
My preference is that it would dissolve a lot faster. I just ordered a coffee grinder, so that might solve that!

Jerome

Kava Lover
I think there's a lot of potential taking kava under the tongue.
It bypasses the slow digestive system and gets right into your system quickly.
I often do a pinch of home made instant under the tongue - it's great. It's fast and easy to control the amount of effect.
My preference is that it would dissolve a lot faster. I just ordered a coffee grinder, so that might solve that!
Also, maybe it would get around the unfortunate effect food has on kava absorption. That would be a miracle in my book! If a strong enough concentration could be felt under the tongue, it wouldn't matter if you had an empty stomach or not. That, in my opinion, would be downright groovy.

KavaKitty

Meaow
I've discovered that a lot of things work better "sublingually," because the veins in your mouth are so much more available for absorption. Even gabapentin; I've been known to crack open a capsule and put the powder under my tongue until most of it absorbs, swishing it around a little. I guess it depends on what your tastes buds are willing to tolerate.