What's new

Balanced Heady and Heavy Strains

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I guess I never even felt heavy yet. I did get couched on KBR one time, maybe that is heavy, felt like I was being pulled inside my couch LOL. Pouni Ono puts me to sleep so maybe that is heavy. I have a pound of KWK Borongoru and that just mellows me out with no euphoria, doesn't really feel that much on my muscles or anything like that. Maybe I should try and find a straight heavy strain like you said and blend some heady in it.

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
They headies have been doing me up proper, but at times they make me more antsy then mellow and I hear folks talking up some heavy on here and thought I should check out heavy too.

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I guess I never even felt heavy yet. I did get couched on KBR one time, maybe that is heavy, felt like I was being pulled inside my couch LOL. Pouni Ono puts me to sleep so maybe that is heavy. I have a pound of KWK Borongoru and that just mellows me out with no euphoria, doesn't really feel that much on my muscles or anything like that. Maybe I should try and find a straight heavy strain like you said and blend some heady in it.
I have heard heavy being referred to as being "couch locked", so yea I would say that is the same. There is a third discription "body", from what I get this refers to effects that help with tense muscles, pain, etc. If I am incorrect maybe some of the vets here can correct me, but this is what I understand them to be:

Heady: euphoric, anti-anxiety, peace of mind, social
Body: pain reliever, muscle relaxer, calm nerves
Heavy: relaxing, may help with sleep, case of the lazies

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I'd be interested in checking out "body" varietals too. Although I have found PKs extract works. And KWK extract is double strength for less!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
I guess it's actually kava kava r us extract, but the concentrate is nice and light and keeps me alert, functioning and relaxed.

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
Are there any kavas that give both heady and heavy effects at the same time?
i feel like a broken record typing this as many times as i have in the past month or so but....
solomons from BKH hits me hard on both fronts: great muscle relaxation, analgesia, and heaviness while also providing an uplift in mood, increase in sociability, and some awesome headiness. the effects also come in fairly pronounced waves for me; a wave of instant anxiety relief and heavy muscle relaxation hits and begins to fade as a wave of heady sociability and energy comes up to take its place. these effects take turns for about 2-3 hours and after that are replaced with a deep sense of calm and, if it's the bedtimes, heavy relaxation and sleepy-headedness.
last night my wife and i enjoyed the combo of hanakapi ai and solomons WAAAAAAY too much. they play perfectly off of one another and the hanakapi ai really seems to add an extra bunch of heavy sleepiness on to the end of the experience: 3.5 hours in and we were both struggling to keep our eyes open or our faces from grinning

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I think I saw on true kava that the Solomon's didn't test pure noble. Do you feel rough on it the next day on it?

tomkrat

Kava Enthusiast
what about your anus? i've noticed a lot of new anus bleeding recently but i think that could be all the rough anal play....

on a more relevant note: i have noticed that my eyes have been watering more lately, i think that may partially be from all of the forests fires in the surrounding area and the fact that we live in a place named "the valley of sickness and death" by the local native tribes because of the valley's incredible ability to trap any and all passing air particulate and keep it here for weeks longer than would normally be healthy. but i think the eye watering might also be from my consumption of many kavas that have a very fine grind

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Dude. I was joking about the bleeding obviously but the joke was inspired by my constant eye watering recently. It's almost annoying. I was actually starting to think I had an alleggy to an herb I was taking or something but that's intriguing