What's new

Balanced kava

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberLynn

Kava Curious
What's a balanced kava I can get from GHK? I've been reading the forums but I just dont know which would be best for me.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I don't when it'll be around. You might like Papa Kea if that becomes available.. I have not head the latest Mahakea. I can't say anything about how it might be now.
Kavafied's Tungan last time I had it was one of the few mellow ones that I can do without quickly feeling like crap.

I seem to think the one time I had Mahakea it was more on the mellow side with a unsual kind of fuzzness. I have no idea what it's like now, and would hate for you get some and I be wrong.

You might like Kamakua. All do to GHK it was a 2.5 to 3 out of 5 star. No where neer the 4 our of 5 from previus batch. . Meening not to to bad, just a little to rough around the edes and not as 'clean', light and smooth as I like it.
It may be.,something you might like. It wasn't quite the upbeat life in slow mow that I liked of the first time, more just a kind of a chill thing, . I don't see many reviews for the current lot.

Another one you may like is PoniOno at the moment. Also not from GHK. It's weirdly well rounded. It's been my go to. I think because it reminds me how to lighten up. Check Amazon reviews to see if you might like it. I've been getting it from Amazon. It's kind of the Celestial Tea of Kava's at the moment for me. I've been liking it because if I accidentally make stronger than I thought I did, it just makes me laugh a lot, and I don't feel weird, grogy and off.

Hope this helps the OP!

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
Wait I just ordered half a pound of mahakea, kamakua based on the reviews seems very similar to moi if I'm not mistaken there. But I wanted a good balanced one to make a new regular out of, hope this is the one.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Wait I just ordered half a pound of mahakea, kamakua based on the reviews seems very similar to moi if I'm not mistaken there. But I wanted a good balanced one to make a new regular out of, hope this is the one.
I bought some Kumakua and Moi not too long ago. The Moi seemed to feel cleaner and more clear-headed to me. But that's just my initial impression on a single order.

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
I love mo'i! I thought it was well rounded when I tried it. If you want heady effects 1-2 shells is perfect. If you wana get a body relaxation I'd do 2+ shells and you won't be disappointed. I'm going on a trip to Colorado next week n trying to figure out which strain would be the best for traveling and I'm thinking of getting mo'i

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
It definitely is to me, you just wanna move and enjoy your life with moi, not over stimulating but everything is so much more pleasurable and your head is so much more clear. On Mahakea now, this one is a creeper that slowly washes over you. Really vibrant state of mind and relaxed body but I'm not getting any heady rush at all. Great for a night at home not doing much and listening to music. I'll keep it around but at this point since I've gotten so used to kava I may just get a pound of moi with this on the side when my other regular runs out cause their contrast makes more sense to me and then give kumakua a try at some point.

Update: Decided to drink some more Mahakea when I got home and this time I shook it up as much as I possibly could. Not sure if it just takes a bit to build up in short time before you get much almost immediately from it but now I'm really feeling it and love it a lot more. Now I also know why someone described it as a heady version of Loa which surprisingly based on my experience with that I didn't like is way more up my alley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.