What's new

Powdered Kava Review Best Fiji Kava - Lawena

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
cpReview
{"Grade":6,"Potency":6,"Mind":6,"Body":4,"Anxiety":6,"Sedative":4,"Taste":"-2","Preparation":"8-10 Tbsp in 2 Cups water -- Knead for 10 minutes","Duration":"continuous effects with continuous drinking","SideEffects":"","Headline":"Light, clean, happy & affordable kava."}
Of the 3 BFK kavas I tried, this one is the most pleasant. It's a lighter, cleaner feeling and has more of a mental buzz to it than anything else. This is typically the case with Lawena kavas, since the root stump holds more kavain and is generally not as strong.
Taken on it's own, it's enjoyable...but a bit one-sided. You might call this a 'daytime' kava, but when I drink kava in the day time while I'm out rushing around getting things done...it always ends up making me feel gross. So I would typically stick with mixing this one into my evening waka, to give it a little boost of happiness.

Despite being a 'headier' kava, it too, was not capable of bringing me fully into the high end of a kava experience. But it was enjoyable none-the-less, as it was the only one that gave me a slight euphoria and put a little vividness into my thoughts and vision. For the price, all these kavas were well worth the purchase. But, if the price ever bumped up too high, I would probably always choose other kavas that have proven to be stronger or more enjoyable to me.

So far, all their kavas are testing within the presumed noble range, which is awesome. And you can't beat the price anywhere. $20-25 for a pound of noble kava. I'm not sure how long those prices will last, so get it while the gettin' is good. (y)
::kavaleaf::
-BFK Waka review
-BFK Vanuatu review

Last edited:

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Great Review(s) @shakas!!! (y)
You're really on a roll today, Thanks!!! But I already miss when you don't add your patent pending Snob logo in your reviews now. :( ::puppyeyes::

D

Deactivated Account

Watching a fishing show on telly just now & they are fishing in Fiji, Kadavu Island. They all went for kava after & guess what ? They were crushing pure lateral roots & mixed & strained them fresh. Never seen that before.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Watching a fishing show on telly just now & they are fishing in Fiji, Kadavu Island. They all went for kava after & guess what ? They were crushing pure lateral roots & mixed & strained them fresh. Never seen that before.
Nice, Fresh in Fiji...the way it should be. I don't know why they use so much dry powder, when they don't need to.
It's like making salsa with dried spices, when you've got a fresh vegetable garden in your backyard.
dry-salsa.png

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I recently tested this grind and three years later I agree with everything written in this review. It's so close to what I found to say there's no point in me doing a review. One note is it does smell fantastic dry in the bag, something I wasn't really expecting. My wife really likes it a lot, but I mainly intend to use it for blending. They sell it for $34/lb now. I bought 7 lbs and with shipping it came to $36/lb

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I recently tested this grind and three years later I agree with everything written in this review. It's so close to what I found to say there's no point in me doing a review. One note is it does smell fantastic dry in the bag, something I wasn't really expecting. My wife really likes it a lot, but I mainly intend to use it for blending. They sell it for $34/lb now. I bought 7 lbs and with shipping it came to $36/lb
I just made a big jar of the Best Fijian Lawena today to drink outside on a sunny warm spring day and it went very well with the vibe. Real nice.