What's new

Best kava for pain killing

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Definitely the heavies. Anything with high DHM or Methysticin, including Isa, or diliberately mixing Isa into less analgesic kavas. Stone, WOW & Supreme make good analgesic mixers.

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
Can you all suggest something in the Micronized kavas? am unable to do the medium grinds.

many thanks.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
i nominate for the very best at pain killing Kava Time Savusavu. And coming in a close second, Kavafied Supreme. In general most heavies will have some decent pain killing properties. Corrections or additions?
I liked his Kadavu better for pain and the heavier aspect.

I would add that for me BKH Nangol Noble has been the most sedative kava.

Last edited:

Buddy Love

Quantum activist in the holographic playground
Can you all suggest something in the Micronized kavas? am unable to do the medium grinds.

many thanks.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro

many thanks.
I don't think there are any particularly heavy micronized kavas but the other micronized kavas out there are still quite enjoyable. I always suggest getting accustomed to making traditional prep though, especially if you're a newbie.

Last edited:

Tholman

Kava Curious

many thanks.
I do know that micronized Boronguru from Kalm With Kava is considered quite heavy, and GHK Hiwa might be in micronized form? I have no knowledge of their pain-relieving properties, though.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
KWK Vula Waka, although being more balanced than heavy, has some good pain killing effects IMO. It's available both as medium grind and micronized.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Currently on the market: GHK hanakapiʻai and Kavafied Kava Supreme.

Historically: Maewo boroguru 100% laterals from Noble Kava / Vanuatu Kava Store.

From the Dark Side: Kava By Rex Hawaiian-grown isa. It is what it is... though as far as dark side vendors go, I always found Rex to be honest and trustworthy, with clean products.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
Heavies, absolutely. I think the deep muscle relaxation really contributes to
the pain relief. Whenever my back acts up a heavy kava ALWAYS helps. NAH Stone would be my go-to.
BHK has a couple of good heavies that work great as well.