What's new

BKH concentrate

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Bula Kava House's CO2 extract is very good. I'm normally suspicious of concentrates but between BKH's great product quality and that he got a guy from Paradise Kava to help him finalize the recipe[citation needed], it's easily the best one you can get as of writing. Their instant kava is also great if you're looking for something else in the "konvenient kava" category.

chasemandingo

Kava Enthusiast
I tried Paradise CO2 back in the day. Was really good. I still hold a grudge because some communication issues lead to me loosing 90.00 dollars when Paradise shut down. I ordered some kava when they were selling the last of their stock before closing. They sent me an email stating that they ran out and could sub or refund. That email went to my spam and by the time I saw it they had closed. I sent emails requesting refund and or some kinda product but it was too late. If they ever open back up I have the emails to prove it. I will get my 90 dollars in kava!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I got some of this recently. A really great daytime product. Doesn't produce a heavy krunk but a nice, bright, alert effect (for me at least). Its not cheap; but I like it. The taste is terrible (IMO), but that isn't because its a terrible tasting extract, but because its an extract of a terrible tasting herb and attempts to cover up the taste only make it worse (that tartness of the past definitely doesn't make it taste better IMO, but I also never tasted any of the prototypes). I would order it again if I felt like spending money. If money weren't an object, I would definitely order it again.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
Well, I got some of this recently. A really great daytime product. Doesn't produce a heavy krunk but a nice, bright, alert effect (for me at least). Its not cheap
That is dilemma that I see : the extra cost, but it's relatively weak according to multiple reviews.
So since you're paying more money for something that's actually weaker, that means you're paying that much more money solely for the purpose of convenience.
Which makes me wonder if Instant Kava is more worth the money.
My assumptions, and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, is that Instant is cheaper than concentrate. And Instant just requires a little more work, but yet it's more potent than concentrate, so perhaps Instant is more bang for your buck, overall.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
I have another question for anyone who has purchased the concentrate.
I know this answer will vary from one person to another, depending on their typical "dosage", but I'm just trying to get a general idea on how long
a tube will last.
Roughly how many "servings" do you get out of one tube ?

Kavaguy

Kava Enthusiast
The only way I feel the effects from kava for the most part is when I prepare half a cup of medium grind and eat half a tube, or 10 servings of the kava paste. It sucks that it costs me about 30 dollars every time, and a mild hangover the next day, but it sure is nice to feel the effects and to have such sound sleep...

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
The only way I feel the effects from kava for the most part is when I prepare half a cup of medium grind and eat half a tube, or 10 servings of the kava paste. It sucks that it costs me about 30 dollars every time, and a mild hangover the next day, but it sure is nice to feel the effects and to have such sound sleep...
That single serving that you just described, costs you $30 every time ?
I'm trying to do the math here. A single tube cost $38, or let's say about $45 with shipping.
So, a half tube would be about $22. So in order for all that to cost you $30, that must mean that
your half cup medium grind cost you about $8. That sounds like a whole lot more than a typical cost of 1/2 cup of grog.
Are your prices inflated because of some international shipping costs ?
I'm curious how you came up with that figure, and how it differs from my calculation.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
That single serving that you just described, costs you $30 every time ?
I'm trying to do the math here. A single tube cost $38, or let's say about $45 with shipping.
So, a half tube would be about $22. So in order for all that to cost you $30, that must mean that
your half cup medium grind cost you about $8. That sounds like a whole lot more than a typical cost of 1/2 cup of grog.
Are your prices inflated because of some international shipping costs ?
I'm curious how you came up with that figure, and how it differs from my calculation.
By BKH's recommendation it has 15 servings in a tube with each serving being ~2g worth of Kavalactones. Of course this is like saying the recommended serving for Thin Mints is 2 cookies. Depending on how you like your kava, if your looking for a quick little hit of kavain, or the soul crushing krunk of DHM, is going make this product a maybe useful or totally useless for your money. What exactly are you looking to use this for?
I have bought several extracts and they all tend to have the same effects. They usually have a real heady feel to them, are kind of short lived, and provide a nice social euphoria and buzz. They tend not to have much body effects, and tend not to want to couch lock me. I have used them where I wanted the convenience of carrying a small jar or tube (like hiking or kayaking) and didn't want to use a bunch of water. For that they are great and useful. I would not use an extract while sitting at home surrounded by bags of medium grind - it just is not worth the money.

Plantacious

Kava Enthusiast
By BKH's recommendation it has 15 servings in a tube with each serving being ~2g worth of Kavalactones. Of course this is like saying the recommended serving for Thin Mints is 2 cookies. Depending on how you like your kava, if your looking for a quick little hit of kavain, or the soul crushing krunk of DHM, is going make this product a maybe useful or totally useless for your money. What exactly are you looking to use this for?
Somehow, I just now saw your response.
For me, it usually takes about 1.5 to 2 relatively strong "shells" to get to where I want to be.
Based on that, how many "uses" do you think I would get out of this ?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Somehow, I just now saw your response.
For me, it usually takes about 1.5 to 2 relatively strong "shells" to get to where I want to be.
Based on that, how many "uses" do you think I would get out of this ?
In that case 2g worth of kavalactones (i.e. one serving) is probably good enough. 1.5 to 2 shells is on the lower end of usage around these parts :).