What's new

BKH delivery times

A

Adam

Anybody else experiencing long waits for their kava from Bula Kava House? I know it ain't gonna be the quickest being that I'm in England but what's getting me it that they give you a tracking number so you can keep tabs on where your kava is. Now I ordered my melo melo on Saturday, then I received an email from BKH saying it had been shipped along with the USPS tracking number for me to keep up to date. Soooo now I have a tracking number for a supposedly dispatched kilo of kava, however when I put the number in it comes up with a message to say that they have been notified to expect the package for mailing, in other words they still don't have the kava which BKH are telling me HAS BEEN SHIPPED. Now this wouldn't bother me too much, only I ordered some FU'U the other week and the same thing happened so I chased it up by sending an email to BKH TO ASK WHAT WAS GOING ON???? After a 5 day wait for a reply they replied that they "often have trouble locating international packages in the first several days, however, it looks like your order made it through a sorting facility in Los Angela's, California last night and should now be on its way". Surely enough when I checked the tracking number everything they said was correct and it continued to be updated regularly as the journey of the kava unfolded until it soon came to my doorstep. Soooo what I'm getting at is, I'm coming to the conclusion that BKH are taking a long time to dispatch the kava in the first place, there's nothing wrong with the tracking system. It's rather frustrating to me that I have paid for something then been told it's on its way, when in fact I have concrete proof (tracking) that they haven't even sent it yet a number of days later. Arghhhhhh!!! I know I'm waffling and going on a bit here, anyone feel my frustration????? Anyone else had the same experience???

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
USPS tracking is just awful. Chris at Gourmet Hawaiian Kava sent me a package on Monday and it's still on "pre-shipment info sent to USPS".

I have not ordered from BKH in a while, but they have always been same or next business day shipment, and I'll usually get it two days after that, often before USPS updates their tracking at all. I would give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the international shipping is indeed holding it up.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
Anybody else experiencing long waits for their kava from Bula Kava House? I know it ain't gonna be the quickest being that I'm in England but what's getting me it that they give you a tracking number so you can keep tabs on where your kava is. Now I ordered my melo melo on Saturday, then I received an email from BKH saying it had been shipped along with the USPS tracking number for me to keep up to date....
That's actually pretty standard for all USPS shipments. They (the seller) gets a unique tracking number from USPS and slaps it on the package and it also notifies USPS they have a package ready for pick up. So it probably means your order is sitting in a bag or a box waiting the crappy USPS to come and get it. When USPS actually picks up the package depends on how many doughnuts the postman is eating that day.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
It could mean your package is waiting for shipment, then again it could mean it's halfway across the Atlantic by now. USPS treats the tracking of packages sometimes as "voluntary"

A

Adam

Ok, I hadn't hadn't had any dealings with USPS shipping until now so I'm going to apologise for slating BKH. It's just frustrating when your getting information to say that it hasn't even arrived at USPS. So I'm gonna buy a sledgehammer now and jump on a flight over to the good ol U S OF A. Then I'm going to USPS headquarters and I'm going to sit outside looking all grumpy with my sledgehammer, I don't know why I've bought the sledgehammer because I'm never gonna use it, but I'm hoping now I look grumpy and angry enough for someone to worry about me seen as I have a sledgehammer in my hands, so this is gonna get their attention and they're promptly gonna give me my kava. Because at the end of the day this is the issue.........I WANT MY KAVA (blub blub blub)

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
It could mean your package is waiting for shipment, then again it could mean it's halfway across the Atlantic by now. USPS treats the tracking of packages sometimes as "voluntary"
It could also mean that it's getting shipped to another address somewhere in your general vicinity. I honestly wish vendors would provide other shipping options (i.e. overnight, 2 day (pun intended), etc.) even if it's extra cost. I know I would pay it.

A

Adam

It could also mean that it's getting shipped to another address somewhere in your general vicinity. I honestly wish vendors would provide other shipping options (i.e. overnight, 2 day (pun intended), etc.) even if it's extra cost. I know I would pay it.
Yeah this is what I first thought, I'd defiantly like a the option to pay for a quicker delivery, it would be me paying it not the vendor

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Well from our Canadian friends I've heard they order Kava a week in advance. Like, if you're down to one unopened bag of kava, it's time to order again. I'd imagine you'd want to leave an even bigger buffer if you're in the UK/Ireland/Europe.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
They may not have the options on their website for express shipment, but call and ask. It's literally a mouse click to go from Priority to overnight.

A

Adam

Well from our Canadian friends I've heard they order Kava a week in advance. Like, if you're down to one unopened bag of kava, it's time to order again. I'd imagine you'd want to leave an even bigger buffer if you're in the UK/Ireland/Europe.
Yeah I think its a bit of a lesson to learn. Going to have to stock up and make an order well in advance. I envy you people for the rapidness of your kava delivery::T T2::

A

Adam

They may not have the options on their website for express shipment, but call and ask. It's literally a mouse click to go from Priority to overnight.
It's worth a try, thanks. Will try this next time

D

Deleted User01

I agree, USPS is not all that good. The price is right but the service is weird. If they say I will get it by Friday, then I plan for Monday of the next week. When I do that, they never let me down. I get it on Monday.

HeadHodge

Bula To Eternity
I agree, USPS is not all that good. The price is right but the service is weird. If they say I will get it by Friday, then I plan for Monday of the next week. When I do that, they never let me down. I get it on Monday.
That wouldn't be such a problem, but several times I've never received my packages. :(

A

Adam

That wouldn't be such a problem, but several times I've never received my packages. :(
I find it hard to get my head round. In England we get our packages when were told we're going to get them. We get our packages the day we request them. If our packages have a tracking service..... When we track them it is where the tracker says it is

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
I find it hard to get my head round. In England we get our packages when were told we're going to get them. We get our packages the day we request them. If our packages have a tracking service..... When we track them it is where the tracker says it is
that's because in England it is customary to give baked crumpets to postal system employees:ROFLMAO:

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
No, my last order I got from them in 2 days. I'm in the USA, but I'm about as far away from those guys as I could be and still be in the continental 48 states.

Hyperion

Kava Enthusiast
that's because in England it is customary to give baked crumpets to postal system employees:ROFLMAO:
It also might have something to do with England being about the same size as Oregon. If we all lived in Oregon, I'm sure we could get same/next day shipments from BKH.

ApéroNoble

The d'Artagnan forum 4th Kavateer
It also might have something to do with England being about the same size as Oregon. If we all lived in Oregon, I'm sure we could get same/next day shipments from BKH.
I'm sure if we all gave out crumpets we could get same/next day shipments from BKH