What's new

Blending micro?

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Would blending micro add anything to the potency, or would I just be giving the micro a fun ride all for naught? I find blending med grind adds a lot to it, but wonder if the micro particles are too small to get much from the blend.

D

Deleted User01

I blend a little Moi and Nene all the time but I don't feel anything different. After all, when you do micro, you are getting everything it has to offer. You are getting a first wash, a second wash, a third wash ... etc. But check it out anyway and let us know. Maybe there is synergy between this strain and that strain. I'm curious now.

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
I blend a little Moi and Nene all the time but I don't feel anything different. After all, when you do micro, you are getting everything it has to offer. You are getting a first wash, a second wash, a third wash ... etc. But check it out anyway and let us know. Maybe there is synergy between this strain and that strain. I'm curious now.
I mean in a blender hahaha.

D

Deleted User01

I mean in a blender hahaha.
Oops. :shameshame: Hmmm, ok, here's my take on that. I do micronized because it is super convenient. If I whip out the blender then it is no longer convenient. In my case, I let my digestive system do the blending while I'm doing other stuff. So do I think your blender does a better job than my digestive system? All this will be answered in the next episode of "To Blend or Not to Blend". :D

nickbroken

Kava Enthusiast
Oops. :shameshame: Hmmm, ok, here's my take on that. I do micronized because it is super convenient. If I whip out the blender then it is no longer convenient. In my case, I let my digestive system do the blending while I'm doing other stuff. So do I think your blender does a better job than my digestive system? All this will be answered in the next episode of "To Blend or Not to Blend". :D
meh I mean at home, I will find out after some of this food digests in my gut.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Nah. I tried it once just to see if I could get the grittiness of microgrind to be less. It made a nice thick soupy mess that had to be cleaned up from the blender - but I didn't notice any difference in strength. Your stomach & intestines do all the extraction work for you with microgrind. The blender wouldn't add any thing except more stuff to clean up.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
After all, when you do micro, you are getting everything it has to offer. You are getting a first wash, a second wash, a third wash ... etc.
hm, I always figured the appeal of micronised is that you get basically all the goodies that you get in a first wash of medium grind, the low hanging fruit, the fine particles that would make their way easily through the bag on the first wash without any of the other stuff you really have to work at on the second and third wash. You only get the stuff that makes first wash so strong. No? I could be confused on this.

Love the Nene/Moi combo, tho, I think even more than I like Moi on its own and definitely more than I like Nene on its own.