What's new

Borogu vs. 'Eva

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
So Borogu from KWK and ’Eva from Cactus Kava has the same chemotype: 423615.
Borogu has 9% kavalactones and ’Eva has 7.05%.
How do they differ, other than in strenght? Is it a difference between them? If so, which one do you like the most and why?

Last edited:

verticity

I'm interested in things
You know. I wonder. Both the coarse grind and the effects are similar. "Eva" is a Vanuatu kava, despite it's brand name being a Tongan word, but the cultivar was never specified. It's possible Eva is Borogu... KL% measurements can vary depending on factors like the extraction method used and moisture content, so it is even possible it is not only the same cultivar, but from the same source... I am just speculating; I don't actually know this for a fact.

Odourman

Skål from Sweden!
You know. I wonder. Both the coarse grind and the effects are similar. "Eva" is a Vanuatu kava, despite it's brand name being a Tongan word, but the cultivar was never specified. It's possible Eva is Borogu... KL% measurements can vary depending on factors like the extraction method used and moisture content, so it is even possible it is not only the same cultivar, but from the same source... I am just speculating; I don't actually know this for a fact.
Thank you.
The reviews seems simulare.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Borogu is probably the #1 cultivar in Vanuatu. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was a major ingredient in unidentified Ni-Van powder kavas.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
If it were my choice, I would definitely go with the Eva. It's been almost a year since I've ordered from Cactus but Eva has always been much more potent and enjoyable than KWK Borogu. The Kava Roots Vanuatu Select is by far the most potent Borogu that I've tried.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Have you ever had Maewo 100% laterals, from Vanuatu Kava Store / Noble Kava? That stuff was a beast.

These days I kinda prefer KWK borongoru. It's strong enough, the taste is good, and it has really nice effects. Feel cleaner than the old-school borogu powders.

Kavafied Kava Supreme is another really good one... though it's not labeled as borogu. Feels like one when I drink it.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I'd definitely take KWK borongoru over borogu... On that topic, I've been missing all the boroguru products that I used to enjoy.

I agree about Supreme. It fits the bill for borogu fans, on the stronger side, anyway.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Have you ever had Maewo 100% laterals, from Vanuatu Kava Store / Noble Kava? That stuff was a beast.

These days I kinda prefer KWK borongoru. It's strong enough, the taste is good, and it has really nice effects. Feel cleaner than the old-school borogu powders.

Kavafied Kava Supreme is another really good one... though it's not labeled as borogu. Feels like one when I drink it.
That's what I found, too. The latest batch of KWK Borongoru tastes good, nice effects, strong enough, and feels clean, cleaner than one expects.

NileKinnick

Kava Curious
I haven't tried Eva (or the vast majorities of kava cultivars, for that matter). Borogu has been the best value I've found so far. I really like the taste and the effects are right in the ballpark of what I'm looking for after work. Last weekend, I made a blend of half Borogu half Pouni Ono and started in the morning (on a very empty stomach) on Sunday before the football games and that was amazing. I almost didn't want to eat (almost).

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I haven't tried Eva (or the vast majorities of kava cultivars, for that matter). Borogu has been the best value I've found so far. I really like the taste and the effects are right in the ballpark of what I'm looking for after work. Last weekend, I made a blend of half Borogu half Pouni Ono and started in the morning (on a very empty stomach) on Sunday before the football games and that was amazing. I almost didn't want to eat (almost).
I like mixing Borogu 1:1 with lawena. Lightens up the heaviness and kills the piney taste. It's good kava, Borogu.