What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borogu

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Another kava I can't believe I haven't reviewed. I first got some over a year and a half ago and the grind was really coarse back then, an experiment to see if it reduced sediment and therefore stomach issues I think. These days the grind is quite fine and it's definitely benefited from that. I think I didn't bother so much with this as Pentecost Pride from VKS was a borogu and possibly a fraction better than this but I have to say they are very, very similar.

I aluballed a shell with 1.5 tbsps and drank that, then added another ball for the second shell, a third for the third and then just waiting for the last shell which will be another rewash of the three balls together.

I remember PP giving me some pretty strong euphoria. This one isn't quite there but I think maybe upping the dosage a little and it would do. It tastes quite mild to me but after years of drinking gnarly kavas it's hard to say what anyone else would think about it. Every shell has gone down nicely with very little trouble. It has an unusual taste to it, like nothing else which makes it one of the easiest kavas to identify for me. Put Nene next to Papa Kea and Hiwa and I'd probably struggle but give me a borogu against anything and I'm pretty tuned in to it. I would say it's peppery as it's from Vanuatu but this version is very palatable to my tastes.

I have felt good since the first shell and the subsequent shells have just kept me there. Headiness bordering on euphoria and subtle muscle relaxation combine to give a very pleasant overall feeling. I have had no stomach issues at all and I can already feel I'm going to sleep well.

Overall I would say this is a very pleasant kava which even in a reasonable dose is great for a midweek session. I don't think I would recommend it for morning use but mid afternoon onwards and you'd be fine.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Thank you, Edward! This sounds like yet another kava I have to add to my first monthly order!
Lil K
I got a few pounds of the coarse grind when Mike put in on sale and I'm glad I did. That said I don't think it's a "must have" kava, but it's perfectly fine kava. A tad strongish, as one would expect from it. I often blend it with a Fijian lawena to lighten it up but that's a personal taste thang.

Lil' Krunkette

Crawling Chaos
Alas, but I was too late to get any Damu. It's down to a choice between this Borogu, the Savusavu, and the BKH Sample pack...
Thanks for the additional info. ::tpbricky::Lil K