What's new

Powdered Kava Review Boroguru

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Strainer Used: Paradise Kava's fijian strainer.

I'd like to echo other reviewers of GHK's boroguru that it produced the creamiest, lightest kava that I've had. The only one nearly this color is nambawan from Bula Kava.

Taste? Are you serious? This kava doesn't taste bad, and that's saying a lot coming from me. I hate the taste of kava. This one is very smooth, and the bitterness is just only slightly there. Nothing like any of the other kavas I've had besides Nambawan and fresh. I'd call it Shudderless Kava™. As in, I didn't shudder, berate the faucet, tiles, cabinets, and assault anyone in the general vicinity like I normally do after guzzling my grog.

I knew this kava would be strong. My gloves were very nicely yellow colored by the end of my squeezing and kneading session. 9 times out of 10 when I can see the build up on my nitrile gloves I know the kava I just prepared will pack a wallop.

Pack a wallop it does. I'd say it's 90% the sedative strength of the boroguru of another well loved vendor. Not 100%, but bare with me. It makes up for it.

Following the clean color profile I have to say this was the cleanest kava I've ever ingested. I usually get the normal kava effects, but also the not so good effects (negative body load) that I've just, over the years, learned to incorporate into the effect profile of most kavas (especially heavier ones). This boroguru had none of the negative effects, none. Just clean pure relaxation, with just enough sedation to put me to sleep in my normal 15 seconds. I woke up this morning with NO linger effects, just naturally woke up and said "Oh". Beautiful.

Noble as f*ck, and extremely balanced. I am truly impressed with this kava. I don't see a "truckload" option available when purchasing this kava which is a little unsettling, but more orders will most definitely be on the way. Keep this one flowing.

violet

Do all things with love
Awesome review, Kap'm. I can't wait to dig into mine tonight. Maybe Chris could just divert some boroguru shipments to the mainland :whistle:

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Just an update.

I made this kava again last night (and will be doing so for at least a week to fully review and get a 100% profile of its effects) and woke up this morning fully rested, and without a cloudy head that I usually have when I consume kava. Another mark in the "Pro" category.
I will update as I progress further into the workweek.

D

Deleted User01

Wow Kapm, I had given up on that type of Kava just because of the taste. I even told Chris that I was not interested in no Stinkin' Boroguru. Your comments on the taste have piqued my interest again. Good review and an eye opener for me. I also hate the taste of Kava, that's why I'm the Mixologist.:rolleyes:

D

Deleted User01

Ok guys, I'm sold! Bulabuck, stay tuned. I have some questions for Chris on our Moi Mois. I moved mine to bigger pots. One is getting much bigger than the other. I think it is the non_moi plant. Anyway, stay tuned. We need to stay on top of these babies if we ever want to have our own fresh root.

Monkava'd

A spoonful of sugar makes the Awa' go down.
This particular strain is becoming more and more deliciouso by the minute in my eyes, and I can't wait for its inevitable arrival beneath my doorstep. :hungry::joyful:

Thanks for the review Kapm, yours is the first one I've glanced at so far of this Boroguru; and it seems every kava Chris gets his hands on surely impressions the mind of all would be kavasseurs/kavasseurs in this community; and I know that impression will be left with me long after the bag has run its course. (y)

D

Deleted User01

Well, I quit drinking the nasty peppery Boroguru a while back. Then Kapm remarked about the one from GHK. Then Chris send me a PM last night that he has a brand new Boroguru that will make me totally change my mind. It is "small leaf" Boroguru. He claims that the taste is great but it will "knock my socks off". He loves to say, "Deleted User01, this will knock your socks off". I'm like, Ok, sounds good to me, where is it?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
A new boroguru, like newer than the new one? How many borogurus can one man sell...if a woodchuck could chuck wood

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Well, I quit drinking the nasty peppery Boroguru a while back. Then Kapm remarked about the one from GHK. Then Chris send me a PM last night that he has a brand new Boroguru that will make me totally change my mind. It is "small leaf" Boroguru. He claims that the taste is great but it will "knock my socks off". He loves to say, "Deleted User01, this will knock your socks off". I'm like, Ok, sounds good to me, where is it?
Hi Deleted User01, I am sorry if you misunderstood me but this is not a Boroguru, it is a kava plant from Vanuatu called Small Hand, I was able to get this batch from one of my friends regular suppliers, this is some real good stuff. I will be listing it soon and I will of course let you know when I do.
SMALL HAND (y):hungry::wacky:

D

Deleted User01

Yes, newer than new. I was hoping you guys would know what "small leaf" means. He claims he can make me change my mind about Boroguru. Awww, it's probably beer talk. :ROFLMAO: But now the challenge has been issued. I'm sure he will see this post and he can elaborate.

D

Deleted User01

Lordy, Small Hand. Ok, I wasn't paying attention as usual. Did you see the movie "Small Hand Luke". Geez, I don't think I have ever heard of "Small Hand". That must be an exotic Kava that only the Kava Gurus know about. Time to hit Google. Please tell us more meanwhile.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Okay Deleted User01, I tell you what I will do, if you do not change your mind about Boroguru then I will let you have the Small Hand for free and I will throw in a free pound of Boroguru. :D
This Small Hand is a very strong and potent kava, it has very solid effects, use with caution. :confused::sleep:
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Ok. let's make a deal!!!! I'm not a big fan of Boroguru anyway but the "small hand" sounds interesting. When will it be ready? How about sticking it in a sampler so I can get "un pocito de todo". A little bit of everything. And what about the taste. I like the effects of Boroguru but I hate the taste. Once I started on light colored Hawaiians and the Micronized, I lost the gumption to thrown down peppery grog. Nene is almost white colored. Ha ha, where is Canawa? I remember when he said, "Damn that's peppery". :ROFLMAO:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Hi Larry, this kava is called Small Hand Tchap and it is from Efate Vanuatu, there are a few farmers that my friend deals with and they sell only to him and they grow some of the varieties that my friend wants them to grow, this is one of them, it is not as common as others, Boroguru is one kava that they grow a lot of because it is a good kava and it grows faster than the Small Hand. Am I changing your mind yet???? :LOL:
Aloha.

Chris

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Okay everyone, I will have this kava for sale later today, I will post when it is ready, can you guys wait?:nailbiting::nailbiting:
I guarantee it will be worth it. (y) Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

You know I have a weakness for rare Kavas. Like I can tell everyone at the Yacht Club that I had a rare Kava from Efate Vanuatu while they were Quaffing their mundane Boroguru. :rolleyes: Yeah, you are changing my mind but all this is "beer talk" until you post it on your Web Site.

D

Deleted User01

Damn Chris, you are "Fast on the Draw" on your posts. You answer before I finish my question. I'm "slow hand luke". I'll check your site in the morn.