What's new

Powdered Kava Review Boroguru

infraredz

BULA!
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":0,"Mind":6,"Body":6,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":7,"Taste":"-3","Preparation":"6 Tablespoons, 2 cups of water - Blender.\n1 tablespoon of soy lecithin was added to kava and water, blended for 2 minutes, then soaked for 4 hours.","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":"Very nice."}
Because I came down with some bad dermopathy 1.5 weeks ago, I decided to use two nylon stockings to strain. This resulted in a MUCH less oily appearing drink (less yellowish oils and bubbles) than when I prepared this before with only one nylon. That being said:

The taste was not awful, but I usually like to mix Boroguru with something like Solomon's or a Tongan to balance out the taste. Mild numbing effect on my mouth.

Within a minute or so I felt like someone lifted my mood up into some fluffy clouds. I felt like my body was deadened which I associate with muscle relaxation. I went to my couch and put on some Velvet Underground and was very content to sit here and write a review (previous anxiety and stress from the day was gone).

The euphoria or mood lift was not pronounced like higher Kavain kavas, but it is 5:30 PM and I didn't feel like having that experience, I find Boroguru lifts my mood just enough that I won't get too uplifted and energized which sometimes happens with high Kavain kavas.

Mentally, this kava, like Stone, seems to deaden my mind just enough to relieve the constant racing thoughts and anxiety. It feels like everything is slowed down, yet I am still able to type this at the same speed I can under normal conditions, and I have no problem with my thought-processes or recall. That being said, my vision seems slower and slightly impaired in the periphery. My head feels numb and soft near the occipital bone, the same feeling I got when I had my 1st cigarette (for those that can relate to that).

In terms of sedation, this is definitely a kava that I keep to the evening or night. Some feelings of tiredness are present, but not to the point of "Can I make it to bed?".
I consumed this on a totally empty stomach, and peak effects seemed to come on at about 10-15 minutes.

I usually prefer to mix up 4 tbsps of Boroguru with 2 tbsps of a Tongan, but by itself, it is still very nice. Definitely recommended for those with anxiety and insomnia, as well as those who are looking for a more relaxing experience.

Last edited by a moderator: