What's new

Micronized Kava Review Boroguru

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
ghk-boro-micro.png

My usual micronized dose is 2 Tbsp in about 1 cup of water, two or three times through out the evening. The first thing that stood out about this kava, was it's flavor. It had a roasted nutty flavor that I'd almost call delicious. As with other micro's, the harsh bitterness is reduced drastically.

The next thing I noticed was how quick, effective and reliable this particular kava was to kick in. Within minutes of taking my 1st two tablespoons, my evening antsiness was swiftly replaced with a blanket of calm and a slight change in perception, to a degree I'd usually expect to reach further into my session. This quick consistent effectiveness is probably what I consider it's stand out feature.

It's not very heady in the way of euphoric rushes, but I did notice some eyeball jiggling and the feeling of being just slightly outside the sober headspace. Higher end dosing flirted with getting to the deep breathing, eye lid fluttering bliss of kava-lala-land...but for me, I could never get it to completely go there.

What was nicely undeniable though, were the sedative, body and anxiolytic effects. The body buzz wasn't as full as a tudei, medicinal or DHM heavy kava would be, but it certainly had me feeling loose, relaxed and slightly stumbly at times. The calmness is very pronounced, anxiety is stripped away and mother nature seems to swirl around you, lifting your body slightly off the ground in a floaty peaceful trance...slowly drawing you toward your final destination. Destination sedation. ::couch:::sleep:

Another aspect of it's consistency that I forgot to mention was it's near-immediate stimulation of my bowels. Within 15 minutes of my 1st shell, I had to go to the bathroom. Every.Single.Time. I've noticed this with certain kavas more than others, I'm not sure if everyone will have the same effect. I personally consider it another perk. ::ricky::

Anyway, this kava has definitely made it's way onto my list of kavas to return to. A good one to keep on the roster @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . It gave me a similar vibe to Mapulehu, but perhaps a bit stronger.

Here's the location I enjoyed my 1st batch of it. Camping on a bluff over looking a beach in Laguna (y):
lagunacamp.jpg

Last edited:

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Professional reviewer reviews professionally.
I mean damn, he's got a logo with a gradient and everything. Way to make me feel like crap about my reviews, shakas. You and @Vekta should start a tasting club where you wear fancy hats and debate the finer points of kava.

D

Deleted User01

Well I just finished my test. Shakas and Wigman did good reviews so I won't bother. Here are my notes. I did not find the taste agreeable. I'm used to Hawaiian Kavas and the taste and smell was different that what I expected. The drink came out very dark colored. I could feel the body blow right away. All my little aches and pains have disappeared. I almost lost my balance in the bathroom getting ready for the Dixie cup test. So I took 3 tablespoons total. This is not a daytime kava for me. I was feeling Krunk after 2 tablespoons. I would just say that this Kava is very, very potent and the Boroguru fans will enjoy it. For me, it is one that I would do only on the weekends. It muddles my mind so it is hard to take this Kava during the working day. I will forgo my Nene nitecap because I don't think I will need it. Another potent Kava from GHK.

D

Deleted User01

It was all that and more. I am not used to that type of Kava. However, I got my earphones,my spotify, and a nice warm blanket so I'm going to take advantage of that "deep and calm sedation". Wake me up in the morning, I'm done.

D

Deleted User01

Bed @ 6:30? You're showing your age Deleted User01.
Ya think?? Actually, it's couch potato time followed by bed. Now I know why you guys like the Boroguru ... you likes the couch. And now I likes the couch.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
::couch:: Come play with us Deleted User01, for ever, and ever, and ever

(this is a Shining reference in case you didn't get it)

D

Deleted User01

Yikes, the couch is calling me. Must resist must stand firm must .... too late. :sleep:

The only thing I remember from the Shining is, "Here's Johnny.....".::awesomesmiles:: My favorite part.

R

Rookietwoshoes

My usual micronized dose is 2 Tbsp in about 1 cup of water, two or three times through out the evening. The first thing that stood out about this kava, was it's flavor. It had a roasted nutty flavor that I'd almost call delicious. As with other micro's, the harsh bitterness is reduced drastically.

The next thing I noticed was how quick, effective and reliable this particular kava was to kick in. Within minutes of taking my 1st two tablespoons, my evening antsiness was swiftly replaced with a blanket of calm and a slight change in perception, to a degree I'd usually expect to reach further into my session. This quick consistent effectiveness is probably what I consider it's stand out feature.

It's not very heady in the way of euphoric rushes, but I did notice some eyeball jiggling and the feeling of being just slightly outside the sober headspace. Higher end dosing flirted with getting to the deep breathing, eye lid fluttering bliss of kava-lala-land...but for me, I could never get it to completely go there.

What was nicely undeniable though, were the sedative, body and anxiolytic effects. The body buzz wasn't as full as a tudei, medicinal or DHM heavy kava would be, but it certainly had me feeling loose, relaxed and slightly stumbly at times. The calmness is very pronounced, anxiety is stripped away and mother nature seems to swirl around you, lifting your body slightly off the ground in a floaty peaceful trance...slowly drawing you toward your final destination. Destination sedation. ::couch:::sleep:

Another aspect of it's consistency that I forgot to mention was it's near-immediate stimulation of my bowels. Within 15 minutes of my 1st shell, I had to go to the bathroom. Every.Single.Time. I've noticed this with certain kavas more than others, I'm not sure if everyone will have the same effect. I personally consider it another perk. ::ricky::

Anyway, this kava has definitely made it's way onto my list of kavas to return to. A good one to keep on the roster @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava . It gave me a similar vibe to Mapulehu, but perhaps a bit stronger.

Here's the location I enjoyed my 1st batch of it. Camping on a bluff over looking a beach in Laguna (y):
View attachment 2213
So I hope their was a portapotty near by or did you have to end up digging a few holes in the sand?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
Luckily there were proper bathrooms at the beach & near the camp...but going au naturel at the beach at night, with kava flowing through me, could have been nice too. :shameshame:

blindy107

Kava Lover
How about that nuttiness @shakas ?? Seems so much more pronounced in this vs other boroguru I've had. Maybe due to the micronization? Thanks for another review.

Do you hold your pinky out when you slam shells?

sɥɐʞɐs

Review Maestro
How about that nuttiness @shakas ?? Seems so much more pronounced in this vs other boroguru I've had. Maybe due to the micronization?
Yup, I dig the toasty nuttiness, it's fairly prominent for being kava... Deleted User01 & ceraton say they get a dirty gym sock flavor instead. Unfortunate. :smug: The only time I described a flavor like that, it was chinese Baijiu. :wtf:

Do you hold your pinky out when you slam shells?
Only cuz I hold my shell with the shaka-method ->

D

Deleted User01

I think I have an aversion to the taste of Boroguru. In the old days, I used to take a gulp and hold it under my tongue for 30 seconds. I wanted to get the maximum effect especially during the reverse tolerance phase. I may have burned out my taste buds.