What's new

Borongoru

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I have consumed borongoru daily for the last 17 weeks straight. Just got the new batch in today. Regarding the older batch, I personally didn't find it very weak, but there could have been another batch between when I purchased and my new purchase. My last purchase was in January. I'll give the new batch a review once I get a few days of it under my belt.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I came on here after buying some Boronguru and Borogu off of Amazon. Both were extremely weak compared to my past experiences with them-- the Borogu was the worst. If I Aluball a couple tablespoons of Borogu the water is practically still clear.
Great insight to the previous feedback @maelstrom. Which helps me clarify the issue a few were experiencing.

The Borongoru has been returned to the previous ratio of root-heavy blending making it the same strength everyone has become accustomed to :) . Everything shipping out from our website has been updated but Amazon may have a few remaining stump heavy blends left. The Borogu is the normal blend of mostly lateral roots but Aluball use definitely sheds a light on why a couple people may have found these 2 to be weaker.

When using an Aluball, you're not getting the maximum extraction of kavalactones as you would from traditional preparation. Normally the difference would be fairly negligible but it all centers on grind. Most Fijian and Tongan powders are made by pounding the root & creating a very fine powder (which passes easier through the Aluball screen). Our Vanuatu farmers prepare the kava powder in their more traditional method of grinding it which creates much larger root pieces (I'm sure many have noticed Borogu and Borongoru being much coarser than the Vula or Loa). To get the most kavalactones out of these varieties, they really need to be kneaded, pushing out all the goodness.

Hope this helps and as always, appreciate the feedback!
Mike
Kalm with Kava

maelstrom

Kava Curious
I suppose I'll try a traditional or blender prep later and report back. I've Aluballed both in the past without a problem, though, but maybe it is augmenting the issue.

Kalm with Kava

Kava Vendor
I suppose I'll try a traditional or blender prep later and report back. I've Aluballed both in the past without a problem, though, but maybe it is augmenting the issue.
Much appreciated! We're always looking at ways to better people's kava experiences and have actually considered creating a finer grind with the popularity of the Aluball. Personally, I enjoy a coarser grind as it seems to cut back on nausea at higher doses but we're open to any and all suggestions!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yep, it's a good....40-50% stronger now, lol. I didn't even notice the lack of strength in the last batch, just enjoyed months of light flavor. A+ for another excellent kava, Mike. I appreciate the hard work!

(Taste is a bit more spicy now)

Status
Not open for further replies.