What's new

Powdered Kava Review Borongoru

Jacob Bula

Nobody
cpReview
{"Grade":10,"Potency":10,"Mind":6,"Body":10,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":10,"Taste":"8","Preparation":"4 to 6 tablespoons in 24 oz of water. Traditional.","Duration":"Until Sleep","SideEffects":"Light drowsiness next day","Headline":""}
My go to kava that I always have to have in stock. Super sedating, more effective than stone for me. As a former alcoholic, if I want to turn off my brain and melt into the couch after working 12 hour night shifts, I finally have an alternative to beer. In fact, If I had to choose, I'd rather have this anytime.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
My go to kava that I always have to have in stock. Super sedating, more effective than stone for me. As a former alcoholic, if I want to turn off my brain and melt into the couch after working 12 hour night shifts, I finally have an alternative to beer. In fact, If I had to choose, I'd rather have this anytime.
You and I might be the only ones who agree on taste on Boron. Most people can't stand it. It's never bothered me.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
The current batch I have tastes a lot like halva (peanut dessert from middle east). Delicious! (As delicious as kava can be lol)

Fun fact, for nearly 2 years I used to have a bar of halva for lunch every day at work. So you could say this one is up my alley for sure.

M

mlenny

I'm a little late to the party, but that's great that you found something that helps you. Alcohol use disorder is a startlingly common problem (15-20% of drinkers at some point in their lives) and certainly no way to live. Congratulations on your sobriety!

Best wishes,
Matthew

Hermes

Kava Curious
First try with Borongoru by 'Kalm with Kava' (USA) via Amazon.ca. CAD110 + Federal sales tax of $6 + Canada Post processing fee of $10. So total CAD126 (= AUD143)

01. Aroma: likeable, light
02. 'Lumber': more compared to other two US suppliers I have tried recently. Looked like about 5 tbsp. after 13 tbsp. of sieved powder (30%?) using standard kitchen seive. But, I did not measure it and I used a different sieve than with previous reviews.
03. Colour: beige/tan, lighter than the non-noble Fiji kava I remember from 2006
04. Ratio kava to water (recommended on package): 2/12 ->4/8. What is that 15-50%?
05. Actual ratio: unknown, I am poor at these calculations. 13 tbsp / 64 ounces
06. Recipe: mine - room temperature water 8 oz + room temperature coconut water 16 oz + hot water 40 oz + 4 tbps. coconut milk + 13 tbsp. sieved kava
07. Dosage: total 5.5 small glasses - I had one glass before supper, one glass after and expect to have another three within 3 hours. My dinner guest had one before and one in between his first and second helping of food.
08. Effects: peppery taste (immediately), numbing of tongue (very quickly), expansive & tingly feeling in head (quickly), relaxation (soon), cordiality (soon), coolness in lungs (took a while), slowed breathing (later), disinterest in productive activity (not long later); my companion felt similar, calm (throughout)
09. Side-effects: very minor stomach sensitivity, but only during fourth glass, so I slowed down.
10. Previous meal: salad only four hours earlier
11. Fatty meal?: not so much - 4 slices of cheddar cheese with a one plate meal of root veggies and sprouts
12. Value: questionable, but this is true for all 1 lb. kava products shipped to Canada.
13. CONCLUSION: Too soon to know

Note: this is written during fourth glass. I might wait a while or even skip having any more tonight.

Attachments