What's new

Bula! From AR!

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
Hello all Kava heads,
I've been lurking these forums for the last few weeks, while researching as much as I can about Kava. My first time using kava was about 3 weeks ago, I got some Wakacon Fijian Waka, hoping it would put a good dent in my RT. For the first 5 days, I felt a little relaxation, what I would describe as a very mild Xanax feeling. Having horrible anxiety, it was just what I needed, but I couldn't wait to feel the full effects of kava. I then Ordered some KWK Loa Waka, even better! It took about two weeks before Kava slapped me in the face. One night, about 14 days into my kava journey, I used 3/4 cup powder in 4 cups water, and slammed it all over a 2.5 hour period, including a 2 cup second wash. I think I got Krunk as a skunk. My face was slightly tingly and warm, I felt a buzzing sensation at the top of my skull, and I was nearly overcome with what I would describe as a wah-wah head spin, but not overpowering. Man, did I sleep great! I am really loving Kava. Its been a month since drinking alcohol (big deal for me) and no desire to drink at all now. I just received my new order of Big Kava Premium waka, and I have 2 tbsp in 1 cup of hot water soaking. Wanted to thank everyone for being so dedicated to kava, and for providing safe and reliable experience and information. I am the type of person that has to know everything there is about any given substance or interest before I dive in, and you guys made it easier for me to jump in and get my roots wet!

Bula!

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
This is a great encouraging community. Glad to be a part of it.
Update: 10 minutes after 1 8oz shell, feeling good for what little powder I used. I can already tell this is good, fresh kava, even with my limited experience. Knocked the edge off within a few moments. And that flavor! wow this tastes great compared to the other two I tried. Its very light, refreshing, with a little spicy taste at the tip of the tongue, finishing off with floral aftertaste. Delicious!

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Hi there @wanderingwoodsmith! Great choices with your kava. I Aluballed a cup of the Big Kava Waka (recommended by @Kavasseur). Pretty darn good! Like a lot of members here, I too have intense anxiety. Getting off valium, doc put me on Gabapentin. I can't even take 200mgs without feeling so completely out of it, no anxiety, but a strange disconnected feeling. So didn't take any this afternoon and did my Kava instead. Oh jeez, the difference is truly remarkable. I'm relaxed, got some great music by Hapa playing in the background as I do some work, barely any anxiety and I'm totally centered and in the moment. Hits the spot just right. Also managed to snag some whole root from @Kavafied a while back and it gives about the same effect - and I like being able to grind my root - just adds to the experience.
I just have to remember to take a couple of shells before my most anxiety-provoking experiences - one of which is happening tomorrow. That will be the true test!

Enjoy, welcome and BULA!!!!

wanderingwoodsmith

Kava Enthusiast
@kilakila, I have found that the Big Kava waka is very potent! It didnt take much at all to get where I needed to be. I really enjoy it so far. That Gabapentin seems to be some nasty stuff from what I've seen. My uncle takes it, and after he takes it, he gets so faded that he passes out while driving, falls face first while walking, and faceplants any table or wall he's near. I cant believe the garbage Big Pharma is pushing on everyone these days. I am very thankful for ethnobotanicals, especially kava. I used to try others, such as wild lettuce, valerian, Mj, anything else I could experiment with. But Kava seems to be more effective than any.

@winfab maybe someday I can get around to trying some of GHK selection. Right now, it is out of the question, my budget does not allow me to spend more than $35-40 a lb on kava. That is the main reason I went with Big Kava, and I'm glad I did. I would love to have a really sedating kava with a body buzz with it. I am also hoping kava can get me back in the mood to meditate, and focus on my spiritual side. I used to be big into shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices. Kava seems like it could provoke a state of trance-like ecstatic meditation that I used to practice on a daily basis.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
@winfab maybe someday I can get around to trying some of GHK selection. Right now, it is out of the question, my budget does not allow me to spend more than $35-40 a lb on kava. That is the main reason I went with Big Kava, and I'm glad I did. I would love to have a really sedating kava with a body buzz with it. I am also hoping kava can get me back in the mood to meditate, and focus on my spiritual side. I used to be big into shamanism, and indigenous spiritual practices. Kava seems like it could provoke a state of trance-like ecstatic meditation that I used to practice on a daily basis.
I find Moi and other heady kavas to have that trance like effect with pretty nice euphoria, I think you will enjoy it, the trick is to be sure to drink it on an empty stomach, preferably first thing in the morning