What's new

Buyer Beware

Well I got my malekula magic and before I tried it I sent it to my friends lab to see the level of pesticides. All I can say is WOW. There must be a lot of rats in Vanuatu because the levels of arsenic and other pesticides was very high. Given that Vanuatu is a 3rd world country with no export controls or acreditation I can't say I am surprised. Surely the FDA should look into these folks and demand some tighter controls before someone is made sick or worse.

Beware.

No I won't be doing that. It should be something that vks is onto to remedy the situation. Remember these guys aren't qualified scientists and do not have any real qualifications and if one was to scratch around the edges you might find that they have very thin skins when pressed on real issues such as quality control etc.

Be very careful what you put in your mouth. I wouldn't give away the kava now.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Well, I am now convinced that someone is shilling for another kava supplier out there. We will be doing some research to see who this poster is, and you can bet that there will be a letter from an attorney to follow. That is the risk with these forums where everyone pretends to be friends with people they are in competition with. Eventually a shadow pops up....

Not only do I have C of A's on all of our recent kava shipments, but the Magic that we currently have in stock was tested and released by FDA, so I assure everyone there are no worries.

I also have a pretty good idea who stoned is shilling for... we shall see...

Ta!

~AP

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm going to go ahead and say if you can't provide us with a scanned copy of the physical documentation on the levels of contaminants and names of the labs which did the testing I'm afraid all we can do is see your posts as some way of drumming up controversy against a supplier.

Believe me, if you have proof we all benefit from seeing it, and would welcome it with open arms. I just can't justify warning people from someone who comes to this forum, makes 3 posts, all of which are condemning vanuatu kava store and can't back it up.

Andrew Procyk

Noble Kava
Kava Vendor
Seems obvious, doesn't it?
As it turns out,  I was on the phone with the guys in Vanuatu just earlier and mentioned this,and they happened to be gearing up for a meeting with VCMB.  An official had already arrived and was in the office during part of my call.  The government does not take too kindly as to accusations of contamination of kava generally, as it stands the possibility of hurting the economy of Vanuatu generally.  As a result, this has just gone over my head....
But thanks again.  
Any advice on how to get a picture up here, so I can get copies of our C of A's with chemotypes and lactone content up?
Cheers!
~AP

mos3z

Kava Enthusiast
hey papa
if you click "add reply" instead of "quick reply" there is a button on the top that says insert imageyou can add images to your library from the "images" button at the top of your browser nest to "account"
let me know if u cant figure it out

ObiWan

May the Brew be with you
Papakava said:
they happened to be gearing up for a meeting with VCMB.  An official had already arrived and was in the office during part of my call.  The government does not take too kindly as to accusations of contamination of kava generally, as it stands the possibility of hurting the economy of Vanuatu generally. 
I had to google what the VCMB is. Obviously it is the 'Vanuatu Commodities Marketing Board'. So what did they do? Did they give order to check the Kava for pesticides? Who called them and why? The VKS itself? Or did the VCMB read this forum? And if they did any testing, what was the result?

I agree that the accusation in this forum may be wrong and the poster should have posted evidence documents.
But on the other hand: If the VKS is sure that their Kava contains no pesticides, I guess they have documents from laboratory tests and could post them here or on their webpage.

I am a very careful man and as long as there are any doubts, I think I won't order.

Idgie

Kava Enthusiast
Guys, come on.

I have no dog in this race.  But a three time poster comes in with something inflammatory, and when asked to scan & post the information, says 'No I won't be doing that'.

I think it's pretty clear what that means (to spell it out - they-are-making-stuff-up).