What's new

Can Bula Kavas Nobility be trusted?

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I've dug up quite a few threads where issues of Nobility and BKH have bumped heads against Deleted User. It's not True Kava verified and yet it lists on their website that all their Kava s are indeed Noble. Even the 11yr which has been under fire in the past (I'm unsure if where it stands now).

What do ya think? Do I buy a sampler pack from them, or do I stick with the Trinity of certified vendors who are indeed legit in the eyes of God.....and Deleted User

verticity

I'm interested in things
Yes you can trust BKH. There were problems in the past, however BHK has made an effort to ensure that the kava they sell is noble now. They have their kava tested by the American Kava Association. They don't do acetone testing, but they do test flavokavain/kavalactone ratio, which is another way to assess nobility. The old "11 year waka" did fail the acetone test, but the "11 year waka" they currently sell is apparently different, and passes the test.

tribal1209

Kava Enthusiast
I have confidence that Judd at BKH is taking every reasonable effort to ensure the nobility of his products. We've had our differences, but we share the same vision for kava.
Maybe you can enlighten me Deleted User why any vendor simply wouldn't use True Kava verification and instead go another route with a different agency? Is it expensive?

verticity

I'm interested in things
Maybe you can enlighten me Deleted User why any vendor simply wouldn't use True Kava verification and instead go another route with a different agency? Is it expensive?
@Deleted User is backed up with work, so it has been difficult for new vendors to get certified by True Kava. I am trying to take up some of the slack by offering acetone testing. However, that is the only thing I can do: I don't have the equipment to test for chemotypes. Also, I don't do TK certification; I only test individual samples. Both Deleted User and I offer completely free testing, but we are, admittedly, a cottage industry. It is something we do in our spare time in home labs. BKH has testing done by the AKA which does comprehensive testing including tests for toxins and heavy metals that TK and I do not do. AKA membership does cost money.

Anyone who is interested in having me do spectrophotometric acetone testing may PM me for more info.