What's new

can "reverse tolerance" come back after you have not consumed kava for a while?

i am somewhat fascinated that a reverse tolerance even existed and really wish i knew how it worked.

say one of you experienced kava users stopped taking kava for a month. would reverse tolerance come back you think?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
i am somewhat fascinated that a reverse tolerance even existed and really wish i knew how it worked.

say one of you experienced kava users stopped taking kava for a month. would reverse tolerance come back you think?
I've gone a few weeks for one reason or another without it and when I started drinking kava again, I feel it right away. RT only happens once, some say it's not even a thing. I think it depends on the type of kava you start with.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I agree, I think RT is generally just low dose and/or bad prep due to being unsure of what you're doing. I drink every day but if I do take a day off I think I've got enough kava in my system that I can still feel it keeping me calm the day after not drinking. In the past I have had time away from drinking kava, a few days at a time and I did notice that it wouldn't always hit me in the same way the first day back but not sure I would say that was RT again. I think the best way to explain it is if I've been drinking multiple days (or weeks!) in a row then it doesn't take a lot of kava to get me somewhere nice, I'm just topping myself up. If I haven't drunk for a few days then my levels will be a bit lower and it might take me a bit more to get there or in other words my regular dose won't do what I expect it to do. That's logical at least.

Yianni

Kava Curious
How is not a thing, considering there so many people claiming that they drank huge amounts for days, some even weeks- until they finally broke through

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk