What's new

Can you develop reverse tolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blimpie

Kava Curious
When I first tried kava, it was the cheap kind, and it worked very well, no reverse tolerance. The next batch was also cheap, and barely worked at all. I assumed the reason kava has not been working for me was due to the quality of the kava. Now I have tried good kava, from BKH. I felt no effects. So my question is, can someone start out having no reverse tolerance, and then develop it?

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
What were the kinds of Kava (cheap), and which kind from BKH?

Could also be due to the amount of food you ate beforehand, stress levels, or even openness to the experience. Kava is quite finicky.

Blimpie

Kava Curious
@Kavasseur The first kava I had was a blend from Mountain Rose Herbs... that worked the best. The second kind was another order from MRH, a different batch, labelled Borogu. The third kind was Wakacon Waka. I also tried kava candies. All of these 'sort of' worked, but the best experiences were with the very first batch.
I have a sampler from BKH. I have tried Borogu and Nambawan thus far...last night, the first kava I have had in a while. Tonight I will try Fu'u.
I have never tried having it day after day to build up kavalactones.

I only had parsley and ginger juice an hour prior to the kava...and one egg and coffee for breakfast, several hours before. I was definitely *expecting* a good effect. I had some coconut oil with each shell, and then added a digestive enzyme and cayenne pepper. As for stress, nothing above the ordinary, no anxiety attack or panic, just tired.

Thanks for any insight. I long to revisit the happy, warm feelings that I experienced a few times with kava, about a year and a half ago.

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
Get your hands on some good root, be well rested and abstain from eating for around 3-4 hours. Drink 1-2 shells or whatever you are comfortable with, put on some tunes and relax. You need to work with kava it will not immediately relax you. As for digestion I have recently been having ginger, raw chocholate, or kombucha after a session.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
That would not be reverse tolerance, but just tolerance.

And yes, to me, Kava tolerance is real. The trick is to switch up phenotypes.

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
In my experience, you have to be open to the effects of Kava. If you drink it with something else in mind - like a marijuana high or an alcohol high - then you are going to feel bloated and disappointed. Kava is a very subtle, light, and interactive kind of experience. One of its characteristics and strengths is that it doesn't overpower you. That's what makes it non-addictive and healthy. It might turn out that you are looking for something else - I don't know. But continue trying according to your desire to let the Kava speak to you...

If I drink Kava everyday, it gets stronger and stronger as I drink it. But if I take a break and go back, it usually takes awhile. This is the essence of reverse tolerance.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I find high kavain kavas overpowering and far from subtle.
It also feels kinda alcohol-ish to me, without the loss of self-control.
Also never gotten stronger with consumption.

D

Deleted User01

@yiki, if I'm hearing you right, you are having problems mitigating the "Kava Rush" brought on by high kavain kavas.

Status
Not open for further replies.