What's new

CBD/Kava

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@Kapmcrunk I love the "CBD Only" bud. If I take a bong load of it after a heavy Kava session it really makes me sleep like a baby. I'm very, very sensitive to THC, but love having a little bit in my blood stream. All CBD Only bud has a bit of THC in it, so if you smoke a half a gram or so you'll feel pretty high.
ahhhh, lol. Yeah, I was pretty ignorant to it and smoked a ton thinking I could because "There's no high!". I was wrong.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Who's questioning it here other than one member? We're on board. I've been a little iffy in the past just due to the association with CBD, but it's legal now and as such I have no issue with it at all.

I think it's just that we've been centered on kava purity for such a long time that it's alien to see when a vendor combines it.

I've smoked some "CBD Only" bud that literally had me higher than a kite. Reminds me of that sketch from Chapelle's Show where they have the "O'Dweeds" and he gives the cop the wrong bag. I think that's what happened to me, because there had to be more than CBD in there.
Oh yeah, most everybody's on board. Just the fact that it's a conversation is interesting to me, and says something about our culture. I'm not upset about it at all. Just find it curious.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Oh yeah, most everybody's on board. Just the fact that it's a conversation is interesting to me, and says something about our culture. I'm not upset about it at all. Just find it curious.
I mean....this is kavaforums after all

If there is a question to ask we'll ask it, and if there's an opinion to be had we'll have it. ;)

I hope it sells well, and helps many people. I suspect you've probably used higher quality CBD than the corner bodega sells by a long shot, so I'm sure many people will find relief from pain and anxiety with this combo. I know sales are a goal because we have to eat and pay our employees so they can eat, but I know you care about helping people too. Your products are all high quality, so I expect this one isn't any less.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I mean....this is kavaforums after all

If there is a question to ask we'll ask it, and if there's an opinion to be had we'll have it. ;)

I hope it sells well, and helps many people. I suspect you've probably used higher quality CBD than the corner bodega sells by a long shot, so I'm sure many people will find relief from pain and anxiety with this combo. I know sales are a goal because we have to eat and pay our employees so they can eat, but I know you care about helping people too. Your products are all high quality, so I expect this one isn't any less.
Understood. I know how that goes.

We only release products we're excited about using ourselves, and we're super excited about this one. So many people get so much from CBD, why not mix it with our beloved root?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Understood. I know how that goes.

We only release products we're excited about using ourselves, and we're super excited about this one. So many people get so much from CBD, why not mix it with our beloved root?
In truth, I'd bet money there are TONS of people who already combine them, so it definitely makes sense.

Got my Tincture of 1,000 mg. CBD with 6,000 mg. Kava . What to expect ? I want to try it but i still have some work to do.
Anyone used it already?
Also, did anyone tried kava with lion's mane ? ( sounds interesting )

UPDATE: Whole body relaxation, calming. Best to take 1-2 hours before sleep.
There is some white stuff at the bottom of vial , had to shake it for 10 minutes and warm it up. Still, lots of white crystals floating in the oil :bored:

Last edited:

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Got my Tincture of 1,000 mg. CBD with 6,000 mg. Kava . What to expect ? I want to try it but i still have some work to do.
Anyone used it already?
Also, did anyone tried kava with lion's mane ? ( sounds interesting )

UPDATE: Whole body relaxation, calming. Best to take 1-2 hours before sleep.
There is some white stuff at the bottom of vial , had to shake it for 10 minutes and warm it up. Still, lots of white crystals floating in the oil :bored:
Glad you're getting a nice effect. We did notice some separation and crystals forming after bottling. We were kind of disappointed but happy that it didn't affect the feeling and benefits it provides. You did the right thing heating it up. Just 10-15 minutes in a cup of hot water helps a lot. Due to this, we reduced the price and partially refunded people that purchased before we noticed the separation. We're tweaking the formula a bit to try to get a smoother solution. I have a sample now that looks promising. Just want to let it sit for a while longer before doing any large scale production.

A

AniemDariel

It's great to hear that you're experimenting with CBD and Kava! They can indeed have some relaxing and calming effects, which can be perfect for unwinding after a long day. I usually go for a CBD vape pen and experiment with it. As for the white stuff at the bottom of the vial, that separation can sometimes happen with herbal tinctures. It's good to know that you can shake it up and warm it to make it more homogeneous. The fact that it didn't affect the benefits is a positive sign. It's also cool to hear that you're considering trying Kava with Lion's Mane. Lion's Mane is known for its potential cognitive benefits, so combining it with Kava could create an interesting synergy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
I had forgotten about this, this is/was a novelty like anything or anyone that tries to mix kava + anything. I bought it that one time and never again. They are best separately imo.