What's new

I Love Kava Friday Closing out the week.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
TGIF. I finally got a hold of a friend to have a kava session. He's not the easiest to get a hold of but we finally picked a date.

I'm also looking forward to this weekend because I get excited about Indian food. I still haven't decided what I want to eat. Spicy chicken is spicy chicken but sometimes I want to get a dosa with chutney.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Sorry in advanced to be bummer in the Friday thread. Not going to lie this week has been a tough one. My sweet pup was diagnosed with late stage kidney disease yesterday. Not much time left...I will be drinking multiple shells to help me through this one. Here is one of my favorite pics - she loved the snow.:cry:
1628272692329.png

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Sorry in advanced to be bummer in the Friday thread. Not going to lie this week has been a tough one. My sweet pup was diagnosed with late stage kidney disease yesterday. Not much time left...I will be drinking multiple shells to help me through this one. Here is one of my favorite pics - she loved the snow.:cry:
View attachment 12107
Thoughts are with you. They are just too perfect to live such short lives. I take solace in knowing at the end they loved every second of it, as did I.

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Zaphod, you have my condolences-it is a hard stretch of road losing friends like that. Here's hoping the transition is an easy one...

Bula and have a great weekend otherwise!

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
View attachment 12107
She looks like such an angel! I do hope you can find some happiness from celebrating her life after she gets her angel wings. Be sure to love her to the very end. She should pass away knowing you cared.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Bula, everybody. I begin my work weekend right now! I'll have kava throughout the day, maybe I'll stick my jar in some ice since it has to be kept cold for me to drink it at work. Beautiful weather. First day above 70f in a week or two. Feels hot. To be honest I have a slight bellyache, so that's reason to be cautious about drinking kava. If I eat lots of bread and drink some milk or juice I will be fine. Time go make kava and work! See you later

Jacob Bula

Nobody
View attachment 12107
You aren't being a bummer. There is a lot of intelligence behind those canine eyes in that picture. She seems like a special pup. Celebrate her life and be present with her.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
The common cure to a shitty Sunday is kava and Pink Floyd. Something about PF that renews me. Enjoy what's left of it! :p
Hi. So I’m just curious, you don’t have to answer ofc, which Floyd you like best?

I’m a huge lover of the original Syd Barrett stuff.

I never went bundles on Roger Waters, but loved some songs on the last two 80’s albums, Sorrow on Momentary Lapse of Reason, plus a few others on there. I used to listen to the Division Bell album a lot but not since I was a youngun now.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hi. So I’m just curious, you don’t have to answer ofc, which Floyd you like best?

I never went bundles on Roger Waters, but loved some songs on the last two 80’s albums, Sorrow on Momentary Lapse of Reason, plus a few others on there. I used to listen to the Division Bell album a lot but not since I was a youngun now.
I am on the other side I suppose, David Gilmour all day long! i grew up in the late 80's to 90's and I think that's probably why it was so influencial for me. Of course Sid was the man in his own right. Their early stuff from Pipers at the gates of dawn was not my style but the albums between the early 70's to 94 were epic! IMO, easily the best band of all time.

Jacob Bula

Nobody
I am on the other side I suppose, David Gilmour all day long! i grew up in the late 80's to 90's and I think that's probably why it was so influencial for me. Of course Sid was the man in his own right. Their early stuff from Pipers at the gates of dawn was not my style but the albums between the early 70's to 94 were epic! IMO, easily the best band of all time.
I'm an Animals and Wish you were here man myself. I absolutely am in love with those albums. Although I do like that bike song by Sid.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I'm an Animals and Wish you were here man myself. I absolutely am in love with those albums. Although I do like that bike song by Sid.
Arnold Layne is better than Bike, IMO, also Lucifer Sam Cat, especially the longer freestyle live performance version, there’s a 7 minute one recorded in a hall on YouTube.

Zaphod

Kava Lover

I maybe an odd one out but one of my favorite albums is "The Final Cut". Some of the lyrics just feel. The Syd Barrett stuff is okay, just not my favorite. The best are when Waters and Gilmour are both in their groove.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
I maybe an odd one out but one of my favorite albums is "The Final Cut". Some of the lyrics just feel. The Syd Barrett stuff is okay, just not my favorite. The best are when Waters and Gilmour are both in their groove.
Syd Barrett made the most naturally and unimaginatively complex psychedelic music.

I just never have like Roger Waters, I’ve felt his bitterness, chip on shoulder. And it comes through in his music, to me.

I own, listened to it all growing up. The Final Cut, many times.

But over time I gravitated heavily towards the light I saw in David Gilmour and especially the later albums with fantastic musical choreography and guitar solos.

But I still love the Sid Barrett tracks because in all truth nothing else in musical history is quite remotely like it for what it is.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
Cirrus Minor is a unique and wicked tune, on a really high quality stereo set up with really crystal clear quality speakers too.
Waters did write Cirrus Minor too.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Roger Waters puts me to sleep especially when noodling around on his keyboard.
The Endless River, Waters tribute to pink floyd was one of my first music and kava pairings. The first hour and a half, repetitive, waves, soothing, beachy. I learned quickly that the drinking of kava added to the overall experience of beachy music. Thank you for sharing this!
My weekend begins now. Bula all! Malo Tonga!