What's new

Coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering if folks have noticed any adverse effects of continuing a cup of coffee in the morning while using Kava later in the day?

Jerome

Kava Lover
No. I drink a strong cup in the morning and generally two more throughout the day. I also currently drink a substantial amount of kava each evening.

I had read once that if your body is used to drinking coffee, it doesn't have the same diuretic effect as occasional caffeine use.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0084154

I WOULD however experience extremely adverse effects if I skipped the morning coffee!

Squanch72

Kava Vendor
I stopped drinking coffee around the same time I started on kava. I have been drinking yerba mate the last few months all through the day and it doesn't seem to mess with my evening kava sessions so I doubt one morning cup of coffee would harsh your evening kruzz. My boss actually puts micronixed kava in her morning cup of coffee.

dino9832

Kava Enthusiast
The only issue I've experienced is some kava can be a bit rough on the stomach, and coffee doesn't help! As far as the caffeine, I've had no problem with 32oz of coffee (2 travel mugs) and kava during the day. On a particularly rough day with little sleep the night before (and before that, and before that..lol) I added some B12/caffeine energy mix (MIO) to a cup of kava. It got me through the day! :)

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I have a bit of Kava with my coffee EVERY morning. See this thread http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/those-looking-to-potentiate-kava-try-coffee.5647/#post-66184

I just dont plop it in there though and there is a limit to how much I will add. Most times I plop one or two Kava Candies(not more) in my brew (see thread) or a bit of Moi Instant, I will use some of my traditional prep Fiji Loa or another heady varity in a limited amount if I am out of those two. Your mileage will vary as Kava is a fickle mistress...

Last edited:

Jerome

Kava Lover
I have a bit of Kava with my coffee EVERY morning. See this thread http://kavaforums.com/forum/threads/those-looking-to-potentiate-kava-try-coffee.5647/#post-66184

I just dont plop it in there though and there is a limit to how much I will add. Most times I plop one or two Kava Candies(not more) in my brew (see thread) or a bit of Moi Instant, I will use some of my traditional prep Fijo Loa or another heady varity in a limited amount if I am out of those two. Your mileage will vary as Kava is a fickle mistress...
This I've done several times and enjoy it thoroughly. Nice little buzz for the morning commute.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
I drink lots of coffee -- 4 cups in the morning, and often a cup or so after lunch. I've not noticed any effect
whatsoever on my evening kava experience, other than perhaps if I drink a heady kava I may have a titch
more trouble falling asleep, but it's hard to tell if it's the caffeine or just the kava.

It's probably just the kava in those cases since caffeine doesn't really keep me awake at night anymore.

I can't sleep worth a crap after drinking M'oi. Too bad, I really love the effect.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah that's how it is for me... moi is one of my favorites but if I have one extra black tea late in the day I just feel that antsy feeling in my tummy .. edibles help alot which leads me to believe that feeling is yagonin, because kavain is euphoric and stimulating but yangonin. Seems like just energizing with a thc esk style .. hence why smoking bud makes it worse but edible help.. smoking hits the cb1 alot more as you'd assume!. With dopamine being there with those effects and caffeine enhancing dopaminergic effects than yah Yangonin high strains and caffiene are an anxious persons worst nightmare

I just dont plop it in there though and there is a limit to how much I will add. Most times I plop one or two Kava Candies(not more) in my brew (see thread) or a bit of Moi Instant, I will use some of my traditional prep Fiji Loa or another heady varity in a limited amount if I am out of those two. Your mileage will vary as Kava is a fickle mistress...
Man, I tried this mix this morning. Wow... loving it. I did half and half Kava with coffee and coconut oil. Great way to start the day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.