What's new

Cold baths and kava?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
The two things that help me a lot with my adhd and daily stress are kava and ice showers/ baths. They both stimulate my brain which lessens my adhd and helps me calm down, being more in my body and get my feet on the ground.
I recently traveled to Austria and went to a lake which was about 5°C/ 41°F (Salza waterfalls if anyone is visiting Austria soon). I loved it! It's nothing compared to the cold showers I've been taking daily. Sadly we don't have the same luxury in Belgium as people do in Austria to swim in ice-cold lakes.
I'm thinking of buying a barrel/ trash which I can fill up during the winter so I can keep doing this.
Thus comes my question, I've been wondering if anyone has ever tried an ice bath whilst doing a kava session. For others who haven't tried it, does it seem like it could be a positive experience or are the two better kept separate, what do you think will happen? Curious to know any information/ opinions!

Also, have a great day :) Bula! ::happyshell::

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The two things that help me a lot with my adhd and daily stress are kava and ice showers/ baths. They both stimulate my brain which lessens my adhd and helps me calm down, being more in my body and get my feet on the ground.
I recently traveled to Austria and went to a lake which was about 5°C/ 41°F (Salza waterfalls if anyone is visiting Austria soon). I loved it! It's nothing compared to the cold showers I've been taking daily. Sadly we don't have the same luxury in Belgium as people do in Austria to swim in ice-cold lakes.
I'm thinking of buying a barrel/ trash which I can fill up during the winter so I can keep doing this.
Thus comes my question, I've been wondering if anyone has ever tried an ice bath whilst doing a kava session. For others who haven't tried it, does it seem like it could be a positive experience or are the two better kept separate, what do you think will happen? Curious to know any information/ opinions!

Also, have a great day :) Bula! ::happyshell::
I begin shivering and freezing immediately after I drink my grog for the night. I salute you, because I think I'd probably convince myself I was about to die of hypothermia if I even touched cold water after a grog session, but that's just me. I'm on the thin side, so I figure it's a mixture of kavas actual effect, and the physical temperature of the kava when I drink it.

Krunkonaut

The life of a kavaholic
I begin shivering and freezing immediately after I drink my grog for the night. I salute you, because I think I'd probably convince myself I was about to die of hypothermia if I even touched cold water after a grog session, but that's just me. I'm on the thin side, so I figure it's a mixture of kavas actual effect, and the physical temperature of the kava when I drink it.
Thank you! :) When effects are coming up I get the same feeling but after a few shells I feel warm which often can make it a bit more difficult to sleep. I've heard a lot of people saying kava cools them down as well. I wonder if warm baths help/ feel nice for people who get colder on kava. I tried it once but really disliked the feeling. Because of brain/ body chemistry, it's probably very different for everyone!

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
I get BOTH hot and cold feelings from kava. Usually I'm like Kap'm and feel chilly after a few shells. But if drink a bunch of kava after a long day of strenuous work, to the point that I need to lay down somewhere dark, then it can make my head and neck feel hot.

Different temperature baths/showers can feel nice. I enjoy both hot and cold ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.