What's new

Constipation is a thing

Ptorx

Hi Kava peeps
I’ve recently had Kava first time and I am right now on the loo with constipation.. any one else experiencing this?
I’ve googled a bit on it but nothing solid , excuse the pun

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Hi Kava peeps
I’ve recently had Kava first time and I am right now on the loo with constipation.. any one else experiencing this?
I’ve googled a bit on it but nothing solid , excuse the pun
This is usually the opposite for most people. Kava gets things moving.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah interesting! I have a couple thoughts on this. Kava usually makes me go like I had fiber, sugar, coffee and water all in one. However, if kava constipated you, I think the dehydration plays a role in that. If water makes you form poops and your body's out of water, guess what, no poop forming will happen. Just my thought on the matter.

Ptorx

fair responses, thanx
Im very in tune with what goes in and out ... water, salts, soul essentials etc.
have a ceremonious one

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
fair responses, thanx
Im very in tune with what goes in and out ... water, salts, soul essentials etc.
have a ceremonious one
In my experience, the immediate effect of kava is to stimulate the system. After that initial movement, yes, kava can firm things up.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
I was literally about to make a thread and this is at the top.
If I consume micronized unstrained regularly enough, like a few days in a row or something, I'm at risk for the WORST constipation of my life

Strained kava always worked like coffee to me though, I'd have to shit within a few sips.

BourbonMac

I like herbs
oh, also really wish I'd seen that link in the side bar with coupon codes... could've just saved my entire shipping charge with that

BourbonMac

I like herbs
I gotta get off that micro, it hasn't been hitting lately. My AluBall is like months old full of moldy kava, Idk how to clean that lol. A lot of bleach and hot water I guess, or just buy a new one. Strainer bags are fine, but I felt little difference in effect whether I did it by hand or AluBall. Definitely more potent by hand but not enough to where I care

TrevC

Kava Enthusiast
Yeah, it's the opposite for me as well.
In fact, on my days where I'm feeling I want to skip my pre-lunch Kava, I'll not have as good of motility later.

But I also consume lots and lots of water (with electrolytes - don't want to wash away the salt + minerals) because Kava, as well as two other substances I take, are somewhat diuretic, and the amount of water/hydration you consume has a relation to that.