What's new

I Love Kava Friday Could it be?

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Our air conditioner doesn't work. I think a fuse got blown. They can't get out to fix it until next Thursday. If kava dehydrates, I may have to take a break from drinking it so I stay hydrated...

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Our air conditioner doesn't work. I think a fuse got blown. They can't get out to fix it until next Thursday. If kava dehydrates, I may have to take a break from drinking it so I stay hydrated...
Thursday!? I'd likely go insane without AC for almost a week.

This is the season where capacitors fail which causes fans to fail, which cause compressors to trip or fail. I would almost bet it's likely a fan motor or capacitor.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Thursday!? I'd likely go insane without AC for almost a week.

This is the season where capacitors fail which causes fans to fail, which cause compressors to trip or fail. I would almost bet it's likely a fan motor or capacitor.
The kicker is we JUST had someone come over to check things out and everything was normal. Barely 6 days pass by and maybe that capacitor went out. I don't even have the thermostat set that low. It's set to around 72-73, and I check it out Wednesday afternoon and it says the temperature was 78 and the temperature kept climbing. All I can do is keep blinds down and have the fans blowing and avoid using my desktop and using the kitchen oven.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
The kicker is we JUST had someone come over to check things out and everything was normal. Barely 6 days pass by and maybe that capacitor went out. I don't even have the thermostat set that low. It's set to around 72-73, and I check it out Wednesday afternoon and it says the temperature was 78 and the temperature kept climbing. All I can do is keep blinds down and have the fans blowing and avoid using my desktop and using the kitchen oven.
Ah man, literal hell at home. I've paid a ultra premium to have someone meet me at the local parts warehouse on a sunday to replace a fan motor. There are a few comforts I can do without however AC isn't one of them.

fait

Position 5 Hard Support
Maybe today or this weekend I'll have some kava. I just gotta make sure I stay hydrated until the heat wave tomorrow passes through. Meanwhile, I have to shell out some money for eating out probably. Or I could just eat some chips but chips and crackers aren't remotely filling. I need protein.

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
yeah...chug the whole thing. that one's probably about an inch fuller than I normally would do.
::chugger::
Well I guess that is the spirit. And this helps me realise how I enjoy kava dosing in different ways.

If I make a really thick and oily grog using the blender method like tonight where I blended 30 g of Poumi Ono, plus 20 grams KSNZ Melo Melo ( that's a really beautiful and synergistic combination that particular one but I still prefer it to lean slightly towards the more heady side personally of course.)

So when I make it like this I seem to enjoy it more gradually with with several ladels at a time rather than a big old glass full which I do more often with the Aluball and seem to get better effect from (like 15 to 20 g in the aluball depending on kava volume, as one shell can be pretty hard hitting and euphoric.)

Anyway thanks for answering mate and and excellent environment you are showing us thanks for that really positive.

Last edited: