What's new

Daily use

M

mlenny

In your opinion/experience, is it okay from a liver standpoint to drink kava in relatively large doses daily for a prolonged period of time?

Thanks,
Matthew

Last edited by a moderator:

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I am not a heavy recreational user, but I use it daily for muscular issues and my liver panels are fine. Been using it since 2013/14ish. On occasions I will sit back and wait for the Kava song.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Don't know how I missed this one. I've been drinking kava for over a decade and a half and have my liver tested regularly, and had no issues. I drink 40g of traditional prep per night.

Kava is not toxic to your liver. Google searches be damned, lol. They're wrong.

Correcting Misinformation: Google Link #1 - WebMD
Kava fact of the day Part 2: Australian Alcohol & Drug Foundation
Correcting Misinformation: Google Link #3 National Institute of Health
Google Link #5 - Better Health Channel (Australian Government)
Google Link # 7

jewalker7842

Kava Curious
I drink kava every day and throughout the day. It is not toxic to your liver, but you may get dermo. I have been drinking every day for the past two years. My labs have checked out fine for the past two years. Make sure you are using a 75 micron bag to filter out more of the kava sediment as that helps keep dermopathy at bay. It won't completely remove it, but it will definitely help. I've been using my Aluball during the week and its pretty much got rid of my dermo. On the weekends I indulge with traditional prep to get it a bit stronger.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Don't know how I missed this one. I've been drinking kava for over a decade and a half and have my liver tested regularly, and had no issues. I drink 40g of traditional prep per night.

Kava is not toxic to your liver. Google searches be damned, lol. They're wrong.

Correcting Misinformation: Google Link #1 - WebMD
Kava fact of the day Part 2: Australian Alcohol & Drug Foundation
Correcting Misinformation: Google Link #3 National Institute of Health
Google Link #5 - Better Health Channel (Australian Government)
Google Link # 7
Thanks for the long lists of reference articles. I liked this quote from one NIH study: "For instance, the abundance of flavokavains A and B in the ethanolic kava preparation was reported to be ~100 times higher than in the traditional aqueous kava preparation." That does seem to be the primary issue for the German debacle.

Blackice71

Kava Curious
In your opinion/experience, is it okay from a liver standpoint to drink kava in relatively large doses daily for a prolonged period of time?

Thanks,
Matthew
Daily drinker here for 2 years. I was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago, and was a daily alcohol drinker at that time. I quit the alcohol and replaced it with daily Kava. I drink it like I used to drink beer LOL. Liver is good so far! I was concerned as well after reading the boogie man news about hepatoxicity.

Alia

'Awa Grower/Collector
Daily drinker here for 2 years. I was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago, and was a daily alcohol drinker at that time. I quit the alcohol and replaced it with daily Kava. I drink it like I used to drink beer LOL. Liver is good so far! I was concerned as well after reading the boogie man news about hepatoxicity.
Were you aware of kava's potential to prevent various forms of cancer tumors?
The attached is specific to lung but there's also studies on prostate, bladder, breast, colon