What's new

Dealing With the Ugliness

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
There is so much ugliness in our world, and even in our homes. As I type this my nephew is crying because his mom came to visit and then went home. My husband's mother and stepdad take care of them. They are being anything but understanding about him being upset making the situation so much worse. How do you keep the ugliness from stealing your peace and joy. My message at church today was I need to love more and judge less, but things like this make it so hard. So how do you guys deal with the ugliness in life and keep it from bringing you down?

EQ

Atman
"When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman behold thy Son!
Then saith he to the disciple Behold thy Mother! And from that hour the disciple took her unto his own home."

In Chinese Alchemy the Tao is the mother. The same mother in that quote. I highly recommend the Tao Te Ching, and attempt to find her through those poems.

Amazon product

verticity

I'm interested in things
This came up on my Facebook today, and I found it to be pretty inspiring regarding how to react to the current ugliness in the world..

EQ

Atman
Also just a good affirmation that helps me is to just give yourself pardon. Pardon for mistakes, and pardon for what you are unable to change. The less you cast the world on yourself the easier you can change and help it.

"I give pardon"
"I pardon myself"
Always feel prayers, and don't think the words. Vibrate them.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
The totality of life cannot be reduced to thought.
It's one peice. So you can't point at something and say this should not be happening and look to another and say yes this should when they are the same event. That event is the Now.
You accept that you don't know the place this has in the totality.
Not that it is good or bad. But that it is. That's the fact. Denying a fact of life is suffering. Suffering arises from resistance to what is.
This moment is as it is. Can you accept that without reservation?

chandra

Kava Enthusiast
You guys made me feel much better. I've always been a loving person, but I used to see the good in people and not the bad. I would always believe the best about someone. Years of being hurt taught me not to trust. To not be blind to the bad. Now I'm working on becoming the person that sees the good again. Not the person who is naive and blind to the bad, but the person who looks at someone I know isn't perfect and loves them anyway. I'm also a fixer. I want to fix everything for everyone. I'm trying really hard to keep in mind at the end of the day the only thing I can fix is me, and hope that my light shines bright enough to pierce others darkness.

wormwood

Kava Enthusiast
To me, if there is no God and/or a happy afterlife, then reality is inescapably depressing and meaningless. It would be a world without justice and purpose. I hope thats not the truth. I dont think it is.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Limitation is beautiful . It helps us grow and evolve. Being un consciously one with life is beautiful but we evolved beyond this. We are now consciously seperate from life, that's our current state in the evolution of consciousness. We are moving beyond this and into conscious oneness.
Your a microcosm of this process . We all are, as a baby you are unconsciously joy ful. Then you grow up and become self aware. This makes you miserable because self lives on time. Which causes resistance to what is . Then that causes suffering which forces you into surrender and out of that you become conscious . This is what the symbol of the cross means.
It's a torture instrument turned into a divine symbol .
How odd ? Suffering is divine . But you have to accept the suffering to go beyond it. Then there is no sufferer . They're maybe suffering but no sufferer.

Bwiggy

I like plants
Forgiveness implies the condemnation is correct.

You don't know - no one knows - what people are dealing with.

They could be doing that kid a favor. They could be knee deep in some weird shit.

If you teach - you don't know, no one knows.... anything is possible. It frees you and others from the sad stories about others and their relationship to you.

If you teach taking responsibility for not getting what you want, that's huge. It's not that someone has done something wrong, it's just not what you want. That might seem simple, but it has huge implications and can be enormously freeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.