What's new

Powdered Kava Review Deleted User's Mystery Kava - Mystery #5

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
:hilarious:

This was a fun little activity Deleted User. When I saw the picture I heard this song in my head...

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
When I found out where it was from I laughed out loud a little.

It is what it is. I'm not taking anything back. If it really is a hawaiian kava then that's the weirdest hawaiian kava I've ever had. I've only had hawaiian kava 3 or 4 times though so I guess that's not saying much.
The kava was good for what it does but certainly not what I prefer. It's does one thing far too much.
Nothing wrong with enjoying a kava from somewhere that maybe doesn't have the best reputation, or gasp, even enjoying a tudei (not that I'm saying that's for sure what this one is). It's all about personal preference, and blind tests like this really highlight that. In a certain situation, this kava could be really nice for you or others.

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
I certainly agree with that. I've given some well known and widely accepted kavas to first timers and some of those kava's were not something they liked. I really like my Boroguru but my best friend prefers something that's on the lighter side.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Nothing wrong with enjoying a kava from somewhere that maybe doesn't have the best reputation, or gasp, even enjoying a tudei (not that I'm saying that's for sure what this one is). It's all about personal preference, and blind tests like this really highlight that. In a certain situation, this kava could be really nice for you or others.
Absolutely agreed, nothing against the other kava producing islands, and some people enjoy Isa, and for others maybe the effects are useful sometimes. But this one is clearly labeled "Hawaiian", and the vendor claims it is noble. If either of those claims are untrue -- and I'm not saying I know they are -- then that is, how to put it, "uncool"

blindy107

Kava Lover
yeah i agree fully @Judd Rench , until my liver tests get performed at least. i would enjoy that 11 year all day every day if i hadn't gotten a rash from it. but as an occasional treat sounds great to me. nothing i have ever had compared to it in potency and just total obliteration. i had to struggle to get up to eat....and i loooove eating!

thanks for the review Vek

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
yeah i agree fully @Judd Rench , until my liver tests get performed at least. i would enjoy that 11 year all day every day if i hadn't gotten a rash from it. but as an occasional treat sounds great to me. nothing i have ever had compared to it in potency and just total obliteration. i had to struggle to get up to eat....and i loooove eating!

Funny how people's experiences are so variable. The 11 Year is may be the least popular at the kava bar because some people don't think it's potent enough, and we use a lot of root. I just think the way it feels is super nice.

blindy107

Kava Lover
Funny how people's experiences are so variable. The 11 Year is may be the least popular at the kava bar because some people don't think it's potent enough, and we use a lot of root. I just think the way it feels is super nice.
That is odd for sure. Maybe you don't prepare it properly ;)::awesomesmiles::

It is the one that bowls me over without fail.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I can drink the same kava for 7 days and each day it feels like a different kava. The only one to predictably and repeatedly floor me (quite literally because I ended up on the floor) was a Hawaiian strain from a vendor that hasn't been talked about much anymore.

TidyMinion

Kava Padawan

@blindy107 I urge you to please post your panel results when you get your blood/liver levels tested. I had been drinking a variety of kavas, some on the "debated list" (for lack of better words right now) just about daily right up until having my panel done and my levels were just fine. Made me feel a lot better about the kavas I'm drinking and just kava drinking in general. It'll give you better peace of mind to know for sure what's going on with your system and the more information the forums has at it's disposal the better!

blindy107

Kava Lover
@blindy107 I urge you to please post your panel results when you get your blood/liver levels tested. I had been drinking a variety of kavas, some on the "debated list" (for lack of better words right now) just about daily right up until having my panel done and my levels were just fine. Made me feel a lot better about the kavas I'm drinking and just kava drinking in general. It'll give you better peace of mind to know for sure what's going on with your system and the more information the forums has at it's disposal the better!

Yeah of course! It might be a month or so. Just got a reminder from my doc.