What's new

Dermo, from dish washing. Advice appreciated.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Helloo and BULA, all. I'm here tonight and I just put on some of my specialized hand lotion. I'm looking at what looks like scratches from a wild cat, or a fall down a tree, but is truly stretch marks from moving my wrist joints around. I've got rashes on my arms and cuts on my hands. I accomplished fifty consecutive hours of dishwashing in the past five days, so it's no surprise. I'm also a daily kava drinker, and I had dry skin before all this any how.

I'm reaching out to this community for advice on what to do, because, I just started this job, and they've got me on full time, it's a good thing, and I'm looking into getting Neopyrene gloves, they've worked for me before, to keep my hands dry while scrubbing metal. If you can help me find neopyrene gloves that's a good thing. I'm drinking coconut water and applying lotion and gratefully my hands heal in the morning. Thank you for listening.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Thank you JImmy! I've got the gloves and I'm going to work in a moment. What a life saver. I was hoping for them all day, I'm at a stage where if you ask me to make you Kava I have to bend down and touch my toes before I muster up the courage to wash my hands with soap. And the gloves fit very well.

My healing is great too. Last night it took all my willpower to open my hands to their full span. This morning this action was fluid and tolerable. I think part of why my skin got muddled so fast is because of the harsher chemicals, which I'll stray from, and I'll even use less soap since everything is going through the dish machine.

The diving and snow gloves are from a small family business, and the black kitchen gloves I'll wear to work today. Will certainly help, keep me from infection and let the wounds heal. I'm glad it came with three pair so I can rotate them for cleanliness and dryness.

What do you suggest I do with the diving gloves? They seem great for shoveling snow, stacking wood, I've never gone diving, are they for kitchen use too? They look carefully designed, I don't want to use them in a dishpit unless you say it's okay. Thank you @Kapmcrunk , I've had a shell of 'Eva for you. Bula!

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Thank you JImmy! I've got the gloves and I'm going to work in a moment. What a life saver. I was hoping for them all day, I'm at a stage where if you ask me to make you Kava I have to bend down and touch my toes before I muster up the courage to wash my hands with soap. And the gloves fit very well.

My healing is great too. Last night it took all my willpower to open my hands to their full span. This morning this action was fluid and tolerable. I think part of why my skin got muddled so fast is because of the harsher chemicals, which I'll stray from, and I'll even use less soap since everything is going through the dish machine.

The diving and snow gloves are from a small family business, and the black kitchen gloves I'll wear to work today. Will certainly help, keep me from infection and let the wounds heal. I'm glad it came with three pair so I can rotate them for cleanliness and dryness.

What do you suggest I do with the diving gloves? They seem great for shoveling snow, stacking wood, I've never gone diving, are they for kitchen use too? They look carefully designed, I don't want to use them in a dishpit unless you say it's okay. Thank you @Kapmcrunk , I've had a shell of 'Eva for you. Bula!
Hey man! Awesome! The diving gloves were the ones I was like "hmmm, I do wonder if he could use these as dishwashing gloves". I figured what the heck. If they work for you, great, if they're to be for snow shoveling and wood work, then great too. Glad they made it to you, and happy to be able to help.

Have a good weekend!

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
The black neopyrene gloves saved my hands all day tody, I used them this evening at work. That's so far, seven consecutive hours (minus breaks, bathroom trips, eating, and travel) of saved skin. Thank you! BULA on you, from some delicious 'Eva roots.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Any special recommendation about what type of gloves to use?
Right now I am using the same rubber gloves doing kava as when I do my dishes. I dislike that the gloves pretty quick start to smell like kava all the time.
I have some one time vinyl gloves as well, but they tend to not work that great with hot water and sometimes they rip open.

Skinskava

70-80 g to 1 Liter-Day Dreamer- My Roots Run Deep-
Any special recommendation about what type of gloves to use?
Right now I am using the same rubber gloves doing kava as when I do my dishes. I dislike that the gloves pretty quick start to smell like kava all the time.
I have some one time vinyl gloves as well, but they tend to not work that great with hot water and sometimes they rip open.
Get nitrile gloves that are disposable and fda food safe id say

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Update, a switch from blue dawn dish soap to green palmolive and scentless clear "cuts grease loves hands" dish soaps seem astonishing at how much better I am at not being too dry. Some days my hands look scaly, and occasionally the cuts swell up with fluids near my joints, but I am happy to report that occasional glove wearing and soap rotations have helped my dry skin condition noticeably. Thank you all for your guidance.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
I have gone a long time avoiding lotions and chapstick and all that since I hated the feeling of it. Ive been realizing latley though that I pick my skin when something's on my mind or my hands are idle, and that's happens more when my skin is dry. I have been impressed with how well a little bit on lotion on my cuticles has worked as a response to the urge to pick at them. It makes me want to find a good hand cream or balm... Or make one

_byron

Kava Enthusiast
3M Cavilon hand lotion may be the best out there. I was a long time Amlactin fan but for hands Cavilon works even better.