What's new

Dermo opinions

JDV

Dxrpepemd
Hello all, now before you get desgusted by these pics if they are really that bad in comparison to others. I have eczema already and look half this bad without kava. Without kava my dermatologist already says I'm the driest patient she has. And I fight lesions all the time with high powered medication. But sometimes my kava drinking takes it to another level. I'd hate to see what my dermatologist would tell me now or what crap she would try to make me smear on myself. In your opinion is this bad in comparison to dermo that you have had? Do you think maybe I need a break to let me skin calm down? I mainly just strain and drink my kava every night for almost 2 years straight. Thanks

Attachments

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
It's hard to tell where your eczema ends and dermopathy begins, on top of your natural propensity toward dryness.
That gnarly cracked and calloused heel is probably unrelated, the rest kinda looks like dermopathy but on par with the worst dried up old fijian guys i've ever seen. Your flakes are much larger than anything I've ever experience and the obvious curled up peeling edges aren't familiar to me.
But in general it does resemble a bad case of dermo, just bigger badder and more peely.

What are you using for a strainer? How much root do you typically use? What kind of kava are you drinking? Do you ever put on lotion? At some point is it accompanied by an annoying prickly, mild sunburn-like feeling and itchy dry eyes ? Do you have get specific spots that are more raw, rashy and sensitive ? Have you ever used AmLactin ?

JDV

Dxrpepemd
It's hard to tell where your eczema ends and dermopathy begins, on top of your natural propensity toward dryness.
That gnarly cracked and calloused heel is probably unrelated, the rest kinda looks like dermopathy but on par with the worst dried up old fijian guys i've ever seen. Your flakes are much larger than anything I've ever experience and the obvious curled up peeling edges aren't familiar to me.
But in general it does resemble a bad case of dermo, just bigger badder and more peely.

What are you using for a strainer? How much root do you typically use? What kind of kava are you drinking? Do you ever put on lotion? At some point is it accompanied by an annoying prickly, mild sunburn-like feeling and itchy dry eyes ? Do you have get specific spots that are more raw, rashy and sensitive ? Have you ever used AmLactin ?
Well believe it or not that part on my heel is all from kava. They don't look like that when I don't drink. They peel and crack but not like that. Yes it does burn sometimes and others hurts to walk, but after walking a bit it easies up. I use premium kavafied strainer on Amazon and mostly stone kava. I use 6 tablespoon a night. I do put lotion on but non of them help. My legs and feet are worse, then my midsection and arms. Last my face, but the others don't compare to my legs and feet. I never tried amalctin due to reading different saftey things about it. Can't remember what it was. May be ok short term but not for long periods.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Don't use amlactin long term, but do this, go buy a bottle rub in on one leg but not the other, a couple times a day for a few days and look at the difference.

You're supposed to stay out of the sun while using amlactin cuz you'll sunburn easier.

It might also help in the long term to adjust your diet to include more fish oil. We should be aiming to consume more omega 3's than omega 6's ... but modern western diets are typically reversed.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Mine has gotten painfully cracked near my armpits and then a sunburn feeling on my face and face peeling that made me look downright scary when I tried to cover it up with makeup. All my flakes were small though. And after the one painful dermo I haven’t gotten it like thag again. Now a days, if I over do the kava I just get what looks like torso dandruff. It’s both entertaining and disgusting to quickly rub my hands on my stomach and sides and watch all the tiny flakes fall. The amalactin helped with the painful stuff. Now I just scrub gently in the shower and apply lotion straight afterwards.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
That is bad dermopathy. I've had it this bad at one point (not the heels, that's a new level of horrible) on my legs, arms, and back. Luckily it never made it to my face. I'd say you probably need to hold up on the kava or cut back for a good while. Super heavy moisturizers after the shower, and amlactin after the broken skin has healed. Or you could use amlactin on it in its form there, and view directly into the center of the white-hot pain singularity.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
That is bad dermopathy. I've had it this bad at one point (not the heels, that's a new level of horrible) on my legs, arms, and back. Luckily it never made it to my face. I'd say you probably need to hold up on the kava or cut back for a good while. Super heavy moisturizers after the shower, and amlactin after the broken skin has healed. Or you could use amlactin on it in its form there, and view directly into the center of the white-hot pain singularity.
The burn is the indication that it's working. :D

Zaphod

Kava Lover
While my flakes were smaller that is what my lower legs, hips, torso and hands looked like. That along with cracked lips and dry itchy burning eyes with the occasional stye. Insides of my clothes were covered with dandruff. The only thing that helped me was taking a few weeks off and switch off microgrind. It is hard to tell however if it was microgrind or just total amount of KLs I was ingesting since I don't quite hit the same level of krunk as I did on micro. I also upped my healthy oils and cholesterol intake and it seemed to help...

JDV

Dxrpepemd
Thanks all, this is what I'm going to do as much as I hate giving it up. Maybe i should post some pics after. Wonder if stone kava is just grounded up too much and makes it all worse?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Thanks all, this is what I'm going to do as much as I hate giving it up. Maybe i should post some pics after. Wonder if stone kava is just grounded up too much and makes it all worse?
There is a hand cream called O'Keeffe's that is not only amazing for cracked, dry hands but it also works wonders on your feet/heels. I highly recommend you try that on your heels. It's best to apply it overnight. It healed my dermo on my hands and feet for good in about 3-4 days. I did take a 7-10 day break as well. Looks like this;
IMG_20171019_091429535_zpsick6spre.JPG

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Stone is pretty heavy, no? Maybe switch to lighter kava? 6 TBS a day really isn't that much.
Stone will do it. 6 Tablespoons would probably put you in the 35-45 gram range, and I've personally experienced some dermapothy from it at that dosage, however I never got as bad as his pictures on stone. The dermo I had came due to drinking micronized isa, and contaminated kava cut with isa.

Jobeo

Kava Curious
I'm suffering from bad dermo right now so I'm on a break from kava. It's been about 4 days and what's surprising to me is how slowly things are returning to normal. I've heard at worst it can take 2 to 3 weeks which seems like a very long time.

I will try the fish oil suggestion. I've tried pretty much everything else, like vitamin-E and coconut oil. Amlactin helps for my face but I don't like to put it on my hands because it's too greasy feeling.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I'm suffering from bad dermo right now so I'm on a break from kava. It's been about 4 days and what's surprising to me is how slowly things are returning to normal. I've heard at worst it can take 2 to 3 weeks which seems like a very long time.

I will try the fish oil suggestion. I've tried pretty much everything else, like vitamin-E and coconut oil. Amlactin helps for my face but I don't like to put it on my hands because it's too greasy feeling.
hope it clears up soon and you feel better.