What's new

Dermo or Dehydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious
I've been drinking micro for 5 days straight. I stopped two days ago because of my lips and hands being very dry. On most days I would drink it two times a day and each cup had 2 or 2.5 tablespoons. I haven't been drink a lot of water recently and I know that kava is a diuretic. So is it dehydration or dermo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Candy or a breath mint?

To a certain extent dermo is a type of dehydration, or at least kava dermopathy is, since it can be prevented with adequate hydration. There are many other types of dermopathy, some of them quite quite horrible.

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious
Candy or a breath mint?

To a certain extent dermo is a type of dehydration, or at least kava dermopathy is, since it can be prevented with adequate hydration. There are many other types of dermopathy, some of them quite quite horrible.
Candy or breath mint ?

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Likely the dreaded dermo - and while hydration may help a bit, it is unlikely to get rid of it. Dermo is more like having "chapped" skin where the oils have been removed. After about 9 months of microgrind I had cracked lips, scaley torso flaking everywhere, dry cracked hands, and styes in my eyes. Only cure was to take a total break for 2 weeks and then switch to just traditional/aluball prep. Now occasionally my hands get a bit dried out, but nothing like what I had after all that micro.

Tranquil Mind

Kava Curious
Likely the dreaded dermo - and while hydration may help a bit, it is unlikely to get rid of it. Dermo is more like having "chapped" skin where the oils have been removed. After about 9 months of microgrind I had cracked lips, scaley torso flaking everywhere, dry cracked hands, and styes in my eyes. Only cure was to take a total break for 2 weeks and then switch to just traditional/aluball prep. Now occasionally my hands get a bit dried out, but nothing like what I had after all that micro.
I always get that way when i use micro for a while, but never to the point where my skin gets flaky, only dry lips and hands. I've since taken a week break from micro and switch back to the traditional medium grind.

Kavannabanana

Kava Curious
Ah ha. I had a few days where I didn't get a chance to use anything other than micro.
My hands and feet feel very odd as though they have been dipped in something strange.
I shall go back to traditional prep. Thanks for sharing knowledge.

Jobeo

Kava Curious
After about 9 months of microgrind I had cracked lips, scaley torso flaking everywhere, dry cracked hands, and styes in my eyes.
Wow I've had all those issues... including the issues with the eyes. Never associated it with micro though.
I agree with the person earlier who said that hydration does not solve this. I drink way more water than the average person, it seems to have no effect.
The idea of switching to traditional as a solution... maybe I can try that. The problem with micro is that it's just too easy, such a simple prep.

Tfin

Kava Enthusiast
Man I use micro exclusively now......I hope I'm one of the rare folks that don't get these issues.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Man I use micro exclusively now......I hope I'm one of the rare folks that don't get these issues.
You certainly could be. To the extent that dermo is an allergic reaction of a sort, you have to actually have the allergy to get it. If you don't have the allergy, you won't get it

Status
Not open for further replies.