What's new

Dermo

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah coconut oil in the diet helps for sure in my experience . It's definitley not just a hydration issue .. it causes chapped lips which is an oil issue not water so from this I assume the rest of the body is actually chapped not dehydrated so oil is la answer .

Zaphod

Kava Lover
Yeah coconut oil in the diet helps for sure in my experience . It's definitley not just a hydration issue .. it causes chapped lips which is an oil issue not water so from this I assume the rest of the body is actually chapped not dehydrated so oil is la answer .
Thanks. I have started adding olive oil to my diet and I think it is helping. Does coconut oil taste like coconut? I agree that dehydration is not the issue, I have been drinking a ton of water since starting Kava and it doesn't seem to help.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Depends if you get refined or unrefined .. but it's not like what you think of as coconut . It's very light . Unrefined tastes ever so slightly like coconut. Refined doesn't taste like anything

LunaKava

Kava Vendor
Cold pressed flax seed oil 1 Tbsp daily will help with dermo, at least it works for me. Also is good for inflammation.

Zaphod

Kava Lover
I tried flax seed oil a few years ago. It was a bit inconvenient since you had to keep it cold, and the taste wasn't great....nevermind, we all drink Kava, the taste isn't that bad! Maybe it is the Italian in me but I like olive oil better. Flax seed has more EFAs and a better balance of Omega-3 and 6 and probably a better choice though. May have to try it again.

Jana

Kava Enthusiast
I tried something new today, and it might be my go-to when I start seeing the dryness and flaking.

http://i5.walmartimages.com/dfw/dce07b8c-8b6a/k2-_2c9e0ccf-0f7e-49f9-80c5-b97d96d4a13a.v1.jpg

It's by Freeman, it's a Facial Hydration Mask with Goji Berry. You put some on, leave it for 15 minutes (be advised, mine stung for a minute or two) and then rinse with cool water. I then applied a generous amount of

http://media.webcollage.net/rwvfp/w...8f65-92a4-401c-aa95-22bebf1d1bdf.jpg.w480.jpg

That stuff, Lubriderm Advanced Therapy. I'm the type of person who already has a dry skin type anyway, so it's become imperative for me to step up my moisturizing. After applying these both this morning, I have to say my skin feels pretty awesome.
Smooth, and very dewy and moist but not greasy or oily. :)

I've also been a huge fan of Desitin, my mom used it when she had a huge cut on her hand and this literally speed-healed it.
It's great for any kind of rash, here's the ingredients:

Desitin Original is a unique formulation that contains 40% zinc oxide, the #1 Pediatrician recommended ingredient, and soothing emollients such as lanolin, petrolatum and Norwegian cod liver oil, a natural source of vitamins A and D. Desitin Original is so effective in sealing out wetness and germs, that in many cases, diaper rash starts to disappear in hours. And it's hypoallergenic and pediatrician tested, so it's gentle on tender skin.

I found that regular lip balm or *just* regular petroleum jelly did nothing to *soothe* the irritation and the Desitin is a great remedy for that. As soon as you put some on, the sting and burning sensations immediately stop. I should mention however that if you aren't fond of the smell of cod liver oil, you might wanna put this one on the shelf. I personally enjoy the smell and consider it somewhat comforting, but then I also enjoy the smell of gasoline. :)