What's new

Dermopathy seems to change , when I change kava

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ok, here is something I have noticed, I get Kava Dermopathy, regardless of what Kava I consume. I just recently really tried to just use one Kava, MAHAKEA from GHK. Well it seems to give me Dermo, on the sides of my upper body. Well I have found other kavas give me Dermo, in other spots. I have about 5 different Kavas, that all seem to pretty much give me Dermo, in different spots. So I'm tinkering with switching Kavas, every 2 days, to keep from, getting Dermo, in a spot too bad. I guess my question is, have some folks found that different Kavas, cause different Dermo Issues? Much Love Roaddog....

D

Deactivated Account

cause different Dermo Issues? .
Personally i believe so. Not sure if its the actual AC strength of kava or its processing history of a particular kava ie more / less sedimential.

D

Deactivated Account

Actually, thinking about it ... it cannot cannot be the AC strength as fresh will not give you any derm at all, ive never ever seen it on a kava drinker in Vanuatu & man they chugg some kava.

I have seen it sometimes on the hands & arms of the chaps whom mix & strain it in Vanuatu though (they showed me the hands & arms). Thats just weird.

I worked with a chap that was somehow involved & working in a fiji hospital. Said one giant of a man was admitted once (age/size/heart or something) & he was in a bit of a state from derm & kava addiction. They immediately put him on drips & VitB injections...said on about day 5-7 the soles of his feet acually fell off like a 1/4" thick flip flop. No idea myself but he said it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Personally i believe so. Not sure if its the actual AC strength of kava or its processing history of a particular kava ie more / less sedimential.
Personally I don't think there is a difference, nor does the actual fibrous part of the root have anything to do with it. I've been toss and washing non stop for months now with no change in dermopathy. Some differences I do notice though is that dermopathy gets worse in winter and better in the summer, o think it has to do with sweating somehow helping. For awhile I was exercising in the gym almost daily and had absolutely no dermopathy, it came back a bit after I quit and once summer ended and I wasn't sweating anymore it got worse.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

DirTJerz

Error 404
Mine has pretty much just floated around - started on my sides, then worked its way to my back, neck, arms, thighs, and finally shins. I would be skeptical that it moves according to variety though. I feel like whatever process causes the dermo is pretty slow, since it's not like it goes away after one day off. I am pretty fascinated by how my dermo is exactly like everyone's descriptions, down to the eyes, stretch-mark-like appearance, migration, and amlactin burn. What an oddly specific and ubiquitous side effect this dermo is. I can't say it always bothers me tooo much - sometimes it's oddly satisfying, almost like a light sunburn.

D

Deactivated Account

I get derm from fiji waka...been drinking it well long enough to be able to forcast what day it turns up.

Occassionly i get one that simply will not do it what so ever & i have just finished a week on one that also didn't give it to me, nothing at all. Bloody nice to drink a powdery kava (very fine) & not get it.

Here it is

IMG_0243 2.JPG

schamberlain

Kava Curious
I get dermopathy very rapidly after drinking micronized kava. I just recently order some Boroguru micronized and drank some, quickly got dermopathy on my hands and arms. Stopped for one day, and it is now quickly receding. I don't ever have it happen with medium grind root. I think, for me, ingesting something in the micronized root causes dermopathy, which would normally filter out in traditionally prepared medium grind kava. Guess normal prep is the way to go for me, not a fan of splotchy red hands and arms!

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I simply notice, I get Dermo, in a new place, each time I stick with a Kava for a few days. Like if I switch from Mahakea, to Fiji Waka, my Dermo, will move to a different spot on my body. It seems very weird. Much Love. Roaddog....

D

Deleted User01

I simply notice, I get Dermo, in a new place, each time I stick with a Kava for a few days. Like if I switch from Mahakea, to Fiji Waka, my Dermo, will move to a different spot on my body. It seems very weird. Much Love. Roaddog....
Another amazing Kava fact. Each kava effects one part of the body and leaves the rest open for attack by another type of kava. I swear that this forum would be the perfect Lab for a budding Kava scientist.

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Im sure there is a correlation, between Dermo, and Kavatones. I just wonder if switching out Kavas, every few days, would help to keep the Dermo, at bay. or it may help in finding a cure. I believe the cure, Does not evolve putting something on the skin, but rather. working with the Kavatones, and the way they effect us Dermally. In life, there is a herbal cure for everything. Wonder what that cure is for Kava Dermo? Much Love. Roaddog..

D

Deactivated Account

Im sure there is a correlation, between Dermo, and Kavatones. I just wonder if switching out Kavas, every few days, would help to keep the Dermo, at bay. or it may help in finding a cure. I believe the cure, Does not evolve putting something on the skin, but rather. working with the Kavatones, and the way they effect us Dermally. In life, there is a herbal cure for everything. Wonder what that cure is for Kava Dermo? Much Love. Roaddog..
I used to think that however all of Fiji gets derm & no one in Vanuatu does. It's something to do with the powder.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Ok.. call me weird for this..but I wonder if there is something to do with the nervous system here? I was an unlucky guy and got a bad, stress induced case of Shingles, despite being relatively young. This was a while ago. It went away without issue.. but just recently (and after a 4-5 nightly run of having Mahakea), I swear I was getting a little scratchy and tingly in those same affected areas...

Roaddog

Kava Who?
Ok.. call me weird for this..but I wonder if there is something to do with the nervous system here? I was an unlucky guy and got a bad, stress induced case of Shingles, despite being relatively young. This was a while ago. It went away without issue.. but just recently (and after a 4-5 nightly run of having Mahakea), I swear I was getting a little scratchy and tingly in those same affected areas...
Could be, I am not for sure. But I can see you are thinking. I would have to say, I am going through a lot of stress right know. I have a pregnant daughter, who has a piece of shit, boyfriend. That may be causing extra stress. I don't know. Much Love. Roaddog...

Robert

Kava Curious
Ok, I know that sounded like trolling or something, I'm actually being serious, and I was just looking something up about kava and found a research paper? Or something like that mentions something about how kava inhibits nitric oxide and therefor for whatever reason enhances the degradation of glutathione, and that somehow effects dermopathy.

Interesting since one of the major reasons for coffee enemas is to raise glutathione levels, and why my dermopathy always recedes after a couple of those. But I could be misinterpreting the whole thing. Don't really have skills for all this science stuff.
Link:

http://www.ata-journal.org/index.ph.../ref/2013/04/ata130027/ata130027.html&lang=en