What's new

DHM pills?

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Hey everyone, new member here!! Big, big fan of the forums!! YUGE!! Anywho... I stumbled upon a website that sells 5 and 10 mg pills of straight DHM (the KL). It's wayyy expensive. My question is this: would a kava grower be able to throw in a couple of these pills (along with some kavain pills, if they exist) in with some low quality tudei before to grinding the roots to alter the KL% so that the percentages make that kava into appearing like a noble kava upon testing? Or would that be completely impossible? Thanks everyone for humoring my rambling curiosity :)

Edit to add: @Kapmcrunk @Krunkie McKrunkface @Edward @Kalm with Kava @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava @henry

Last edited:

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Isolating individual kavalactones is probably very costly. I’d be sceptical of anyone claiming to sell such a thing online.

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Isolating individual kavalactones is probably very costly. I’d be sceptical of anyone claiming to sell such a thing online.
The more I looked into it, there seems to be several chemical products sites that sell it? I'm definitely no chemist so those sites may be sketchy. Most of them had COAs, but who knows. Here's a link (if this isn't allowed, mods please delete this post!)
https://www.chemscene.com/19902-91-1.html
I said, it's not cheap at all so I'm certainly not interested lol
I guess I'm just wondering if that could work or not. Thank you for your time!! :)

verticity

I'm interested in things
The more I looked into it, there seems to be several chemical products sites that sell it? I'm definitely no chemist so those sites may be sketchy. Most of them had COAs, but who knows. Here's a link (if this isn't allowed, mods please delete this post!)
https://www.chemscene.com/19902-91-1.html
I said, it's not cheap at all so I'm certainly not interested lol
I guess I'm just wondering if that could work or not. Thank you for your time!! :)
Sites like that are legitimate, but their products are intended for labs for research or as HPLC standards, not for human consumption. Another example: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalo...de=partialmax&lang=en&region=US&focus=product

Some of the old pre-2000 era extract products did incorporate synthetic kavain (including the non-naturally occurring optical isomer which has been suggested as a possible cause of toxicity).

It is theoretically possible that an extract manufacturer in, say, China, with access to a cheaper source of purified kavalactones could try to make such an "enhanced" product, but I'm not aware of that actually happening recently, and as you point out it would be totally economically unfeasible to do that with massively expensive test standards like that..

Last edited:

INeedToChill

Stay Golden, Ponyboy
Sites like that are legitimate, but their products are intended for labs for research or as HPLC standards, not for human consumption. Another example: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalo...de=partialmax&lang=en&region=US&focus=product

Some of the old pre-2000 era extract products did incorporate synthetic kavain (including the non-naturally occurring optical isomer which has been suggested as a possible cause of toxicity).

It is theoretically possible that an extract manufacturer in, say, China, with access a cheaper source of purified kavalactones could try to make such an "enhanced" product, but I'm not aware that actually happening recently, and as you point out it would be totally economically unfeasible to do that with massively expensive test standards like that..
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That's exactly the answer I needed to fill my curiosity. I totally understand how it's considered to be for research purposes, and not for human purposes, but I want sure if it was like one of those sites that sell "research chemicals" wink wink.... But people buy like synthetic benzo analogues or whatever. But I'm hearing you say that this is a legit chemical research place, lol.

And I'm guessing just a little ink on a package falsely claiming a cheap product to be premium super noble kava is cheaper than actually adding chemicals to it, lol.

verticity

I'm interested in things
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That's exactly the answer I needed to fill my curiosity. I totally understand how it's considered to be for research purposes, and not for human purposes, but I want sure if it was like one of those sites that sell "research chemicals" wink wink.... But people buy like synthetic benzo analogues or whatever. But I'm hearing you say that this is a legit chemical research place, lol.

And I'm guessing just a little ink on a package falsely claiming a cheap product to be premium super noble kava is cheaper than actually adding chemicals to it, lol.
They are legitimate. But in China the line between sketchy and legitimate is much blurrier, which is why I wouldn't rule out the theoretical possibility of shenanigans along these lines.

Last edited: